Should restarts that have a lot of knowledge about the game be given the same advantages as new players ??? many have exchange their accounts to come back to Torn ! Whats your view on this ??
Restart !!
Started by Lily [1530574] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 42
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 26 / 100
- Story score
- 59 / 100
- Engagement score
- 71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Passie [936578]
· 13 likes ·
They have the advantage of knowledge, they lack stats. - 1869298 [1869298]
· 6 likes ·
Advantage of knowledge means nothing when you start everything from zero. The pain of getting a stat to a million, screw going through that again. - mug [553318] Committee
· 2 likes ·
not a big deal imo - unless if you are the best player in the game, z_junior, there is always someone better/stronger/richer than you at all times. whatever age/level you are there are tons of players better than you what …
Should restarts that have a lot of knowledge about the game be given the same advantages as new players ??? many have exchange their accounts to come back to Torn ! Whats your view on this ??
They have the advantage of knowledge, they lack stats.
Advantage of knowledge means nothing when you start everything from zero. The pain of getting a stat to a million, screw going through that again.
And it's not like the 2 nerve crime will magically get you a million dollars for searching the train station because you restarted :)
This.
Plus a new start is very difficult, knowledge alone doesn't make it easy.
I'm still going through that because I took the non druggie route initially :S lol
im gonna restart.. fk it..
Nah you can do 4 nerve crimes when you start now i'm sure
big man ched made it so that you start with a 15 nerve bar
let me show you a few stas at 7days old..
Defends won:458
Win/Loss ratio:97.80
Best kill streak:205
Critical hits:112 (17%)
Highest level beaten:42
Bazaar income:$4,138,858,468
- Items trashed:5,000
Networth:$2,437,189,166
does that look like a normal 7 day old player ?
The only advantage restarts have is that they can easily annoy new players with a false sense of superiority that can only last 30days before they go back to being another small fish in a big pond.
New player: How do I get money?
Restart: Look at me, I have a network of $200mil and I'm renting a PI.
New Player: OMG! How did you get so much in two days?!
Staff: Don't worry about him, this is his ninth time starting over. He probably got his friends to help him.
They don't have that much knowledge of the game. If they would actually understand how the game works they wouldn't restart.
However, I think that admins should consider removing the ability to refer restarts. It's just stupid to 'recruit' players who already play. This would solve the enticing problem.
They could ban them from the FB game but that is an extreme action as the FB game brings people from nothing to level 15 in a matter of days and skyrockets you in the right direction in the game. I wasn`t told about it until quite late myself but cannot imagine getting from my 1k stats and maybe $300k NW to where I am without the extreme boost which got me 10,000s in stats (even though I only had 7 or so refills) and level 15 flying and earning money before I left NPC chat. It was excellent and gave me a huge boost in the game, even though I was not a restart and that knowledge among other knowledge would have made me do so much better I don`t think it is fair to remove it from them as it has such an impact on a new player.
Restarting with 'knowledge' of the game with supposedly the 'benefit' of a few refills?
So like having an 18 inch 'member' but being impotent?
Yeah, that limit supply of viagra ain't going to really matter much...
that up against a real new player ??
i don't really see many advantages of being a new player anyways
just 14 days protection and new players chat
you lose all progress
I cant even begin to imagine how they would give up all working stats over the years for a few meagre advantages.
I dare you!
you have account you're not happy with you can exchange it for a new one ... 20 odd e refills, with the knowledge of how the game works you are well on ya way, buy some dp's with rl money, exchange for points, yo can't get mugged for 14 days ... ya laughing ....
seriously thinking of it.. i want to be the only person to hit level 100 twice.. but still need to wiegh the pros and cons
This guy did more in 7 days than I did in 9 years.