As a known trader I never trade mug.With saying that I will mug your ass if you're my competition and you keep screwing with me on certain markets.You are simply an ass if you trade mug and want to be a trusted trader in the game.Most torn residents will remember you if you just do the trade and set your guns aside.They may come back to trade with you and give better deals later in there torn lives.I simply just mess with those that mess with me so thats why I mug.
Want a fair trade then you can always trust I will not mug an already good deal
As a trader myself I'd never buy or trade mug simply because I'd end up on someone's blacklist, meaning I'm losing out on potential good deals later on. It's been temping now and then but I think that while I'd save a bit of money in the short term I'm only screwing myself later down the line.
I've been buy mugged a number of times. It is annoying but the cost is usually absorbed with some more trading. I've never felt the urge to buy mug another as a response as it doesn't sit right with me (being a trader), but it is fair enough if others choose that route as it is a crime game. You just have to get more on the ball with your money and your judgement (if it's a trade). If it's a bazaar buy there's not much more you can do than add to blacklist.
As others have said the friends / enemies ratio is often a fair indicator as to the basic character of a player.
Really what sellers need is a totally trustworthy trader, and I just happen to be one :D. Never buy mugged and better prices than most traders. Anyone is welcome to give me a shout anytime
I've bought and mugged before. My bank investment was in for another couple weeks, I had been gambling too. So had enough for money for most of my xan. Bought a like 40mil in zan and mugged him to get me through.
I dont do it often, but I can't say I've never done it or won't do it again. Also don't anon so they can get revenge however they would like.
A trade I see differently, I would never trade mug just on principal. I'm dealing with this person 1 on one, not just a faceless bazaar nobody. Ik their online making an effort to be cautious and are trying to grow.
we've all been buy mugged, there are ways of protecting yourself without changing how the game works.... worried about a cancel trade and getting mugged (happened to me) worried about getting mugged after trade is finished? simple, self hosp.... use a wrong blood bag, lose a game of RussianRoulette, attack a higher level player that you know ull lose against, turn off revives and your good....
This! No shame in your game TL. If a person can't handle a mug they need to work faster. It totally sucks to get buy mugged but it's part of the game. Nice mug by the way.
True story. You mugged my butt a few times in our competitive days back in height of our bazaar trading days. I think we came out of it okay though, we learned to trade around each other. And in the last few years, we've not had any bazaar trading matches that I recall ;P I, for one, am glad we are no longer competing and can enjoy our much more casual trading approach.