Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Comic Book Making

Started by TrueGeo [2004454] on in General Discussion.

21 replies · 406 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

TrueGeo [2004454]

Is there any software that is free of charge where you can make a little comic strip? I'm going for the merit:)

Also, any details which will help me get there will be appreciated!
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

It has to look decent technically, and it probably has to make Ched laugh. I think it will be difficult if you have no experience in making comics, but don't let that discourage you. :)
Blin [2028034]

Well yeah, no new comic since i was born. I've seen a lot of people that have comic submission in their picture gallery, but didnt published.so it is either there is no one reviewing those submissons or staff is.. you know.. XD



Im waiting for your comic OP !
999FEDTL [1990064]

Basic Photoshop Skills will do, Just get Comic layout resolutions, Google images for backgrounds, and stick men art is pretty easy too..

But whats important is the story-line and the idea your trying to impart...
Mauk [1494436]

I really enjoy Krita. It's a very decent open-source alternative to Photoshop as a digital painting program.
Linhdapanda [1991178]

If you just want standard comic strip frames, I'd recommend searching for a comic template & crop as appropriate. Something like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3d/d5/2f/3dd52f68d81487824323f70cbe182a9a.jpg

There are some good suggestions for software already, I'd second GIMP as the closest to Photoshop that's free. It's not the most user-friendly though, so you might be overwhelmed with its capabilities if you're new to graphic design.

But since the rules don't strictly require digital comics, I suppose you can print out the comic template and just draw by hands. It's gotta be funny, I think my comic got rejected because it wasn't funny ;_;
KPCSlor [1557404]

Check out Paint.net. Its free and allows for layers. Gimp is another free one you could check out which is more powerful and closer to Photoshop.



I have had two comics submitted for a while but no response. So be patient once you submit one.
Franky [1529693]

Submitting work which was not done by yourself will result in federal jail time. From the comics section and posted above, so no