Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Too many Items?

Started by hustl3r [496570] on in Questions & Answers.

3 replies · 114 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
hustl3r [496570]

I noticed this little tidbit on my items page:

"You have over 25,000 items in your inventory. It's recommended that you reduce this amount by adding items to your display cabinet or selling them. Increasing this number further may permanently limit access to some areas"



Im assuming the limit was put in place to save space on the server, thats understandable. why would I permanently lose access to certain areas (even if i get rid of some items?) and what areas would I lose access to? Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Im not hoarding items, im a trader and I just happened to come across a few good deals on a few items and Im waiting for the right moment to sell them when the price goes back up. Its not a permanent thing, but I dont want to risk anything with my account either.





Mat-Senpai [952164]

it's not about saving the server anything because it has to store the items regardless of where they all (they all have their own UIDs) but rather it's because when you access your inv you're making a request to the server and when you're pulling more than 25,000 items you're causing issues.

Put them into your display is the common solution because you're not pulling their UIDs when you do it that way you're simply pulling the total number where as in your inv as you're able to use/send etc (they more more properties) they need to be recognised as a single item.
Hopslam [795412]

I have noticed a little bit of lag when holding over 25k, it's usually not overly terrible, but it is a nuisance. Best to keep bulk items in display or bazaar to avoid the laggy