82 replies · 1.31k views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:83 / 83 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
83
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Hopslam[795412]
· 36 likes · This does sound like an actual real call out for help..... :/ To be very very honest here, the internet is not the answer if you are being serious here. The internet, and games and the like, sometimes are just …
I am very depressed in real life. Nobody wants to be my friend anymore. Please can someone be my friend in the game? I am lonely. I am at University, but the essays are sometimes hard. I do too much reading for them, and make them very hard. I am lonely, and would like to make friends in the game.
This does sound like an actual real call out for help..... :/
To be very very honest here, the internet is not the answer if you are being serious here. The internet, and games and the like, sometimes are just ways to avoid real life struggles and issues.
3 suggestions to try out first
1. Counseling
2. Church/Religion or practice mindfulness
3. Start first with something small to get 'away' from the internet. Like, start one activity, that you have an interest in, that happens once a week or something, like every Tuesday, go do Yoga, or a painting class, or any kind of activity that requires you to be out in your community and interact with other people outside of the home/apartment/dorm. One little thing like this, will often lead to another, and another, and another....
I just want you to know that you are never alone and you are loved. I hope that you find peace amidst the churning chaos of this life and that you never lose sight of how precious you are, as an individual with thoughts and feelings(that matter) in this often depressing but ultimately glorious madhouse we collectively inhabit. Keep your chin up and your head down. Walk this earth with equal parts pride and humility and never lose sight of your own worth. You are a prince/princess and you MATTER.
Practicing mindfulness will work no matter where someone is. Church/religion/cult will largely be dependent on geography and locality. I tried to be somewhat general in that comment. But yeah, honestly, no one posting here will really be able to help this player in his RL situation (if he's not being fictitious) without knowing a lot more about his personal situation and environment.
edit: Don't join a cult. No matter where you are. :P