So I am having some issues. I was browsing the forums A while ago and remember seeing somewhere that a good way to runaway from people is to time out. So I tried to sell runaways and this guy is now getting mad at me saying they aren't the same thing... Are they different? Thanks in advance for any answers.
Does timeout = runaway??
Started by LilMissPenguin [2006012] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Authority score
- 43 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 29 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
So I am having some issues. I was browsing the forums A while ago and remember seeing somewhere that a good way to runaway from people is to time out. So I tried to sell runaways and this guy is now getting mad at me saying they aren't the same thing... Are they different? Thanks in advance for any answers.
Timeout will attempt to run away, but doesn't always work. The issue is it's not clear which ones counted or not from the defenders side.
When I was paying for runaways I had one guy who would do timeouts and it was hard from my end to know which ones worked or not. In the end I just tracked total defends and compared how many timeouts vs how many runaways recorded
But they do count toward the runaway badges you get right?
Yes. When an attack time's out it 'tries' to runaway. This runaway chance does not seem to be dependent on stats, however, so you can have noobs do this and still have a good chance for success. The problem is that no matter if they fail (counts as a loss) or runaway (counts as a runaway), the event will read that they ran away. In faction events it will also show that they ran away (even if they failed.
The only way to track if it was successful or not is either look at your personal stats to see if the amount of Foe's ran away increases or by looking at the person who attacked as they will not be hospitalized if it was successful. If they fail to runaway it will show on their profile "Failed to run away from blahblah".
I have paid for ~100 timeouts and they look to be about 2/3 chance to successfully runaway from a timeout. You would have to do more to get a better understanding but that was my experience. Whether it is worth the time invested in teaching a noob how to 'timeout' an attack... that's up to you :) I paid 250k for each timeout which gave me a lot of runaways and some losses as well.
Okay, thank you so much for the help! ^_^
I don't even recall if a failed runaway counts as a defend... does it?
It does ive had it happen