Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Territory war

Started by Mat-Senpai [952164] on in Bugs & Issues.

54 replies · 854 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 55 / 55 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
55
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

MisterLego [2060938] ×1 M0naLisaSmil3d [2062268] ×1

Mat-Senpai [952164]

Currently, there are new players coming into the game with 20 refills, they are abusing territory war system by having endless amounts of E and constantly joining a wall.



the example would be https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=2060938 with IBB, a fix so a day 0 old player isn't Overpowered with 20 energy refils would be great before this becomes the new way we war... kicking everyone, having new players with 20 refils and other factions hit the new players.

Mentions: MisterLego [2060938]

PatBenatar [420347]

"THEY" aren't if you have a issue with a player a report would be appropriate, I take great offense by saying I am exploiting the system. How about you apologize?

Bug report is not the place to accuse a entire faction of exploiting.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

This is a bug report, if you've nothing to contribute don't post it here - mail me personally if i said something to annoy you.
PatBenatar [420347]

You addressed me, "they are abusing territory war system". This is not a bug, as I said before a player report is warranted if you think a new player is cheating. Do not accuse people that you know nothing about.



I do not cheat. Nor do I accuse people of cheating without proof. You did.
Philistine [475622]

I am not sure if this is intended or not, so I'll have Chedburn take a look before passing to a developer for correction or not.

If you have nothing pertinent to the perceived bug or issue, kindly do NOT post on these reports.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

New players can be hit off of the wall by the other faction. But we're changing it so that new players on the wall can be knocked off by anyone. Is that the only issue?
Mat-Senpai [952164]

The issue is new players have 20 refills

New players can join a total of 80 times, 120 if they have a DP - during wars this unbelievably overpowered. Factions like IBB are now using new players to join walls at 25E each and just reviving them, they have an endless amount of E - the system doesn't need you to be good, just to be on the wall. To be removed from the wall you must be hit thus soaking up 80-120 hits from the warring side.

This is just 1 new person, do this with 10 and you can see the issue. For territory wars this is a huge issue and the future of them.


xMrPink [221113]

Max their med CD or put high value bounties on them?

I don't agree with the abuse available but there are ways around it for one or two individuals.

However you make a good point about the recycling of noobs. This will become like a more valuable slutting service. I can see it being abused by multis if factions are paying new players to use their refills to join walls.

Also; since when did new players get 20 refills? I thought it was only 10...
xMrPink [221113]

Expensive, are factions going to spend money on reviving a noob when they could spend that money on supplying their stronger players with cans?
Mat-Senpai [952164]

You cannot, a simple way to fix this is have refills (the beginner ones) reset after 2 weeks and make it so players 14 days or younger cannot join walls.
four [254727]

I think this is fair considering they have no reason to join a wall that early in Torn regardless
RasAlGhul [1448500]

I think take away the SUPER day 0 OP Wall Protection and we should be good. I think after that its not a huge problem because finding noobs that are actually useful and know what they are doing is easier said than done..
Mat-Senpai [952164]

with just 10 day 0s they can drain 30,000E from the other side in the span on a day, it's completely broken.

day 0 players should not compete with day 1000+ players.
RasAlGhul [1448500]

Yes they potentially 'can' but how many 0 day noobs are going be motivated to do so/even have the knowledge to know what the **** is going on. The only way it can be abused is if there are multis being farmed for this exact purpose.