Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dirty Bombs

Started by Phobos [1982408] on in General Discussion.

11 replies · 413 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
36
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Phobos [1982408]

So, maybe I just missed it(I didn't read all of the last newsletter), but has Ched said anymore about when DB's might be making a re-appearance? I know there's a lot more he still wants to do with the warring system, and possibly faction trees too, but has there been any follow-up eta info since his previous announcement's and "switching them off"?

From what I gathered in previous posts doing away with DB's wasn't a permanent move, just a stop-gap measure while factions/players adjusted to the new faction upgrades and territories being rolled out. But with the final territories opening and the corresponding wars in full swing is there any indications that Ched will allow the big boys/girls to start dropping big bombs on each other again?

Honestly, I just miss the daily doldrum being occasionally broken by newsflashes and events telling me I've been trampled by a panicked crowd. (My curiosity has nothing to do with the fact I've been buying up cheap Nabumetone for a few months now lol)
Hopslam [795412]

It's effect will probably have to be tweaked, since the way respect is used in new system. DBs used to take chunk out of respect, not sure if that will be same once they are unleashed again. As far as I have seen, there's been no eta or further info dropped.
Phobos [1982408]

Cool ,so no "new" news as it were.

Does anyone have any insight or supposition as to how Ched might tweak DB's to make them work alongside the new faction & respect systems?

At the risk of sounding ignorant I'll freely admit that I don't really see why there's a need to change how DB's work. Taking a chunk or percentage of a faction's respect seems, to me, like it would still work. Respect seems, in theory at least, to be more easily obtainable than ever before with the addition of territory gains complementing the laughably small gains from OC's. Wars seem to be as prevalent as ever with termed and farming wars still raking in respect for the most active HoF factions.

Like I said, I'm still pretty much a n00b, but is there a component to this that I'm missing that makes DB's too potentially volatile to allow atm?
Hopslam [795412]

Well, the 'old' way was it took a percentage of respect available for use. This new upgrade tree system results in the larger factions with 1m+ available respect; that respect can be assigned however the faction wants, but it's still technically "available". The old system, most factions had under 200k respect available, and the most DBs usually eliminated was like 50k respect. I imagine a DB on 1.5m or 2m respect would take out quite a bigger chunk.
Hedas [1880839]

LOL gifted it... When one look at his nw graph one can see it be sent out and come back and now go out again..
KarmaCop [365532]

Dirty Bombs need to be way more devastating, way more collateral damage. The last few Dirty Bomb drops I ended up just yawning and played as per usual...