I see the term 'SSL' thrown around a lot. I understand that it's the sports science lab gym. Could someone please explain to me the pros and cons, how to get access to it and some opinions on if it's worth going down this road please.
Thanks for your time,
The Jeffman.
SSL is the 2nd last special gym that you can unlock (last being a secret gym that none shall speak of)
It has the largest overall training multiplier for all four gym stats (the green bars)
You can eventually access it once you have spent enough energy at the gym.
However: being a "drug free" gym you can not, in your lifetime, take more than 150 ecstasy and xanax combined
Plus there is a gym membership cost of 500 million.
SSL is worth I think 9 dots. This makes it better than every gym, including the 8* special 1 stat gyms.
SSL requires keeping total Xanax and Ecstasy under a certain amount. I know that you can take 50 of each for the merits and still get SSL. Yoj can also take as many LSD as you want (+50 energy) and it doesnt affect SSL.
Being able to take Xanax is huge. At capped stats, x xanax daily is worth upwards of 1.8m daily. I dont know exactly how much SSL can gain in a day.
If youre in SSL you usually dont have to worry about spending money on rehab, which for some becomes a sizable expense. Xanax also cost 840k each by themselves.
I migjt math out later. But if you arent eating xanax you should definitely be using points to refill your energy bar every day. You should try to get mcsmoogle stock benefit block for a chance at extra 300e weekly. Youll be able to afford at least 1 can daily by not eating xanax. You should figure out how to get more energy to make up for not being able to take xanax.
theres some slightly inaccurate info here, but this should be accurate (even to bogie standards):
SSL has the best gym rating of 9 stars (the final special gym is fight club but we don't know anything else about it), you can only access it if your total xanax + ecstacy count is below 150 (75 of each or variants of that) and you need last round unlocked.
Entry is 500 million TC$ and if you go over on xanax it is non refundable.
most SSL users use LSD as it gives energy.
PROS:
no huge xanax energy bills (and associated rehab)
equivalent gym gains with FHC usage
CONS:
huge up front cost
lower daily energy
Edit: values calculated with capped stats, George cost 10e, ssl/frontline/balboas cost 25e, and 8dot special costs 50e, per train. Daily gains = total E / cost per train * gain per train. values used. Georges: 24k, Frontline: 63k, 8Dot: 134.4k, SSL: 75.6k. Feel free to check math. Numbers may vary by %s depending on steadfasts/edu/happy
Daily Gains from 600 Natural Energy + Refill, in millions:
Georges: 1.8
Frontline/Balboas: 1.89
8 Dot Special: 2.016
SSL: 2.268
Daily Gains from 3x Xanax, 600 natural e, and refill
Georges: 3.6
Frontline/Balboas: 3.78
8 Dot Special: 4.032
Daily Gains from 600 natural e, refill, and 3 LSD
SSL: 2.7216
Daily gains from 600 natural e, refill, drugs, and 4 FHC that youll have trouble affording but whatever:
Georges: 5.04
Frontline/Balboas: 5.292
8 Dot: 5.6448
SSL: 4.536
Wow xanax is great. until drugs 2.0 breaks it maybe?
I plan to unlock ssl and take lsd buy my weight in cans by crimes and refill
that should close the gap with other players but is a uphill battle with the main increase coming when they OD giving you time to max some stats
LSD has a higher OD rate than Xanax btw...
Dang... but at least i keep half my happiness
I'm heading for SSL as well... and I've had a former account before.... what I can tell is that LSD is going to be infinitely cheaper if you don't care to let your stats be weaker per day than a standard drug user. But if you care about stats a lot, it is much cheaper to sustain 3 Xanax daily & Rehab.
if you can afford xanax, dont do SSL
Lol I was about to explain what Secure Socket Layer is, forgot SSL means Sports Science Lab.
It seems like plenty of people have explained it :), so I'll just say - it isn't worth it I don't believe unless you can afford to FHC everyday. And even then casual xanax users could probably keep up with you.
Equivalent gym gains with FHC usage? Really? Last time I did the math, with Vladar's new estimator:
Assuming +%3 gains from property + education, no faction perks, 4500 happy, capped stats, 4 FHCs and 1 refill per day, with 720 natural E per day:
and 3+ LSD per day(not counting ODs) in SSL: ~1,665,361,555 per year (~1636 E per day)
and 3.31 Xanax per day(counting ODs) in Georges: ~1,911,892,000 per year (~2301 E per day)
The real difference is that someone who trains on Xanax is almost always on Xanax anyway, which results in an additional loss of 35% to stats due to drug effect. LSD actually boosts stats overall, slightly, which means your stats will normally be much higher.... but your stats are effectively also worth less with this method, since you can't make as many hits during war either.
Question in regards to this: is it actually worth the stat loss from day 1 to remain drug free?
Absolutely not. Xanax all the way.
After everyone's feed back, I am still not sure wether to keep my use under the bracket just for SSL. I'm not sure if I will be able to afford all the xanax and rehab later on.
I'm making about 5m a day (traveling and at least 2m out of casino everyday.) I feel like I've hit a wall and I don't know how to make more money to be able to afford all the xanax and edvds I need to be happy jumping 2-3 times a week. This is the only reason I'm considering SSL.
If anyone knows how I can make more money to be able to afford the training please let me know.
Happy jumping won't last long, you'll stop doing that when you get ~250k or so in each stat, from then on out it's just straight xanax.
So happy is pretty much useless after 250k each stat? Nice, that will save me some cash.
You can always just use LSD until you can get your battle stats up to join a faction with some +X travel items. You should also look to join a 7* flower shop (for +5 flowers) or 7* sweet shop (for cans to sell, though a higher star sweet shop will result in you getting cans faster). There is also a guide called Trader's guide to $1B in the tutorial section which is very insightful (though I'm having trouble linking on mobile).
Happy jumping is optimal, yes, but when I was at that stage I could only afford it once every 10 days or so and sometimes not even then. I also used Tootsie rolls and XTC with 150e and refill as a poor man's happy jump.
You can also use this time as not being able to afford Xanax to get your other drug merits out of the way. You maybe can only take 1 xanax a day and use the rest of the day for other drugs.
In the end, you still may decide to go SSL but just know that not everyone right out the gate can afford daily 3x Xanax + refill or happy training.
Not that happy is useless, just the expense associated with happy jumps becomes higher than the gains.