Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Common Problems

Started by Pale [2038108] on in General Discussion.

38 replies · 519 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Pale [2038108]

Esteemed Torn Citizens,
Upon seeing beautifully administered and to the point threads in general discussion, I felt I was being left behind. It took me a while to muster up courage and produce a thread suitable for reading and for pondering. I would discuss some worldly problems in this thread which directly or indirectly affect my Torn city experience and I'm quite sure others would encounter such problems in the nearing future.

PROBLEMS:

(1) A common yet deadly problem arises when one needs to piss but one cannot let himself get buy-mugged unnecessarily. This, rather unpleasant event caught up with me as I was selling a donator pack. I was holding desperately although I knew it's bad to hold urine and it can cause problems but nothing was stopping me. After a couple of minutes I raced toward the washroom and did my thing. Fast as lightening I returned to my laptop and upon seeing hospital bed symbol I knew something bad happened. "MAMA MIA" someone bought my donator pack and immediately mugged as shown in events. Then suddenly, an event popped, clicking on the events bar I got one of the most enraging messages ever. You were sent $1 from someone with the message: You snooze, You lose.

(2) Ever worked in the office. If you have then being a Torn citizen you will never miss a single chance of opening a pinned tab on your internet browser hoping no one figures out. Double-Checking if your boss isn't looking, peeping on other's faces with expressionless looks only to open Torn and check the forums, chat messages and city finds. "Pale" a voice shrilled into my ear. "Yes, boss" I replied sadly praying the boss didn't look at that opened tab". "Did you just close your browser tab yet again, It's the fourteenth time this month, you've been recklessly wasting your time and this company's time as well. If I ever see you opening that game again, things will get out of hands" blurted my boss angrily. "Affirmative Boss" I said worriedly, "Let me train my energy and I'll get back to work".

(3) Waking up in the middle of the night just to check If you didn't get mugged in another country can turn out to be an arduous task especially places like China where citizens would kill to get their hands on Panda Plushies. Putting up alarms( Justin Bieber's song) that rattle your ears at night forcing you to wake up is a personal experience of mine but It's worth it. Once, I woke up, thanks to my bizarre alarm tone and looked outside. Nothing but darkness and a half-lit moon , I felt disgusted. Switched on my laptop, accessed google chrome and opened Torn city. What I saw petrified me and I screamed so loud that the whole neighborhood would have been but that scream was inside my head. You were hospitalized by someone. Being an insomniac and a grouch, I rested my head on the pillow, thinking who could be so filthy hospitalizing innocent citizens.

Ladies and Gentlemen, these problems are bound to worsen your real and torn city lives. Facing them and admiring them cheerfully would not only encourage players to keep on going but have a positive impact on their personal lives, I think. I know some people take Torn City way too seriously......including me but It;s never too late to get better at the game.


hologram [1962522]

I did read it all and it makes me very sad.

1) Seeing as you don't have a bazaar and removing and relisting your DP would have cost you more fees, you could have flew so you could pee without worry. But honestly just go pee. Or get a mobile and carry it around with you.

2) Don't let this game jeopardize your employment -not worth it at all.

3) If you are going to fly all night, setting timers and all that jazz, then you need to change your approach. Have your laptop on and ready to go. Set your alarm for a few minutes before you land so you can quickly get in and out without lingering. Or time it so that you land in a country, buy and fly back right before you go to bed. As someone who has trouble falling sleeping and staying asleep, I would recommend you not fly all night as interrupting your sleep cycle for a few million fake dollars is not wise.

I'm not sure what this post was supposed to do but seriously no game is worth risking your health and employment for.
manic [1554958]

I did read it, but I turned my phone upside down.

Apparently OP is related to Shakespeare and written a 21st century play which would make Alan Bennett weep.

Nah, it's just a wall of words which makes my eyes bleed...
-Khaos- [2063067]

Use a mobile phone.

1) Small and discreet you can carry it on you when you take a trip to the kazi.

Its fickle at first but you will soon learn art of holding a device in each hand whilst standing in front of the urinary. Just remember the choreography of Torn, Aim, Torn, Aim etc until your bladder is run dry.

2) Same as in the office. If you get caught checking your phone, the quick simple excuse of "My sister in law is expecting any day now. Just making sure ive not missed any phonecalls from my other half." is bound to get you off the hook in a jiffy.

Note: Try not to get caught by your boss checking your phone. Most excuses only work once or twice before you have been sussed out.

3) As for the night, I think its perfectly normal to check Torn on a midnight run to the kazi. Hell I even set an alarm for 3.30am just to make sure I grab my Violets and Lions, and arrive back in Torn for my 7am morning alarm.

I set my alarm tone to the same as my ringtone. If the missus gets disturbed, I blame it on a with held number calling. :D
dunmugmeh [538353]

Your energy doesnt fill up for 5 hours. Cant you just log in at break time when at work?

If you are traveling when at work and doing lots of other stuff as well you deserve to be fired eventually and your boss would be within his rights to do so after he has given you the number of written warning the law tells him he has to.

Just train and do crimes at work at break time. Getting fired for playing a game is pretty gormless.
Lewis [1312721]

Here's a TL;DR for you all

1. Leaving torn unattended for a few seconds / minutes and instantly getting buymugged.

2. Getting caught playing torn at work.

3. Waking up during the night while travelling to buy items, only to find you have been hospitalised.

Tbh they all just seem like signs of torn addiction, something many of us have. We just need more self control.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

A far sight better than alot of trash that gets posted here.

Two chuckles for me: 'let me train, and I'll get back to work' & the Beiber Alarm (I'd likely break it on first use tho)