Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Calculated Mass Kick

Started by Champion [1927067] on in Faction Discussion.

60 replies · 1.97k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 61 / 61 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Orionis [1924258]

Man... your source was pretty quick, Champion. You had this posted before I even knew what had happened (though I did know it was coming).

Not the official Calculated opinion, just my own:
While there were some good folks in the list of those who were kicked who I wish were still here, the fact is that we have had a LOT of people who haven't put much/any effort into our recent territory and farming wars which, for those of us who are putting in the effort, was rather vexing and felt selfish. I wish them all luck in their future endeavors and would even love to be in the same faction with many of them in the future.
The_Healer [1787515]

The only think that wrong about this situation is the fact it not his faction. It going to be hard to build up someone else faction, no trust and certainly no loyaties now.
Bezee [1685702]

Calc hasn't done much warring in years, it's no surprise if a lot of members used to just sitting around didn't participate in the 39thx territory war.

You guys should have slowly been introducing your team back to warring little by little over time. Territories require activity which your faction just doesn't have a lot off. Mass kicking doesn't always work..HT never recovered from it before their merge.
KrisC [435075]

Dead weight. I spent over 3 years helping farm a lot of respect. It's a case of short memories and power trips at the top
KrisC [435075]

Yeah a big restart. This shows the level of people you have to work with. Faction is on its knees, will only keep falling
Wolverine [1971836]

everyone speaks about dead weights...

In the last farming war, two weeks ago, we were asked to do 15 daily hits for 7 days (for a total of 105 attacks).

these "dead weights" met those requests, but they have been kicked anyway because in this territory war they didn't participated as "the new Calculated leadership" requested.

runekill163 122 attacks
KrisC 112 attacks
harpush 109 attacks
Shuu 104 attacks
parias666 128 attacks
wolverine 140 attacks (lol I was top 15)

http://torninfo.azurewebsites.net/faction_attacks?search=MTQ5NDk3MjAwMDsxNDk3MjE4Mzk5OzkwNDE%3D

I'm sorry KrisC for hearing that you needed only 30 more days in Calculated to get the last merit "1000 days in the same faction"...

And you Orionis, who call Otter an "opportunistic bastard (https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=9&t=16009684&b=0&a=0&to=17835886), I simply see in Otter a faction leader who recognizes in you a very good player who could stay in a stronger faction... I don't see anything wrong in Otter.

And poor Harpush, he is a so nice guy in faction chat, he also did good in the farming war 2 weeks ago and has been kicked anyway.

Mentions: Some faction shit

dunmugmeh [538353]

6k respect isnt that much in all honesty. I have nearly double that and i think warring is boring as hell, i only warred on and off properly for about a hour or 2 a day for a year or less.
Wolverine [1971836]

wasting energy in hopeless Calculated wars against a lot stronger opponents like MMCP and 39th Street killers is not my play style.

it's like fighting macaroni and cheese, knowing that if they are losing they will get help from milk and cookies and win anyway.

I'm happy to participate to farming wars 1 week a month, but joining the wall multiple times to be kicked from our (always empty) wall a few seconds later, seems stupid to me.

Calculated leadership should use the brain before acting.
Rifty [1514812]

It's simple people - go solo if your not able to work with faction mates and work together as family. Faction stuff is not all about you, it's working with team mates and enjoying the game. Attitude & Ethics goes a long way.

If anyone decides to become active again - drop us a line I'm sure we will accept active players - they must respect current leadership.
Mins [470426]

Wishing you the best of luck with your new faction.

Maybe they will teach you what being a good soldier is all about.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

That report actually does look worrying, there's several members who were way subpar on that report who are still in the faction, and several who are well above the requirement who were kicked.

Looks like there's still a lot of fixing to be done at calculated.

As for territory participation, you can't expect members to become extremely active in a faction that has been dormant for a long time, against what's all been far superior opponents so far...


Witherite [1601768]

Wolverine, It's not what's best for you.

A man is in a faction to follow leader's orders, in the whole war that you were active, you had 3 joins.

Following requirements doesn't mean everything when you're not going to show them any more valueable to them because you think It's best for you. A faction member should always go for the fullest and cause good impression.

Don't know what 39th wants to do with you, but I hope they change you to the best, good luck once again.

#winfense
Wolverine [1971836]

even if I asked permission to use the +30% strength gym gains book and I was promised by the leader (both privately and through faction newsletter) to train for 30 days?

Sorry Mundo, I'll not waste my book in that way, especially since it was the leader to tell me to use that book immediately after the end of our last farming war.
Orionis [1924258]

Wolvie, if you had been there when that shit was hitting the fan, you would understand just how much of a vulture move it really was. While he targeted the better players and I appreciate being one of those, he was also looking to take the best players when Calculated needed them terribly.

And cut the whole "the new Calculated leadership" shit. It's petty.

As for the minimums, yep... Shuu was 1 away and the rest you listed did make their minimums, but almost anyone here will tell you that while hitting 15 per day minimum isn't bad, for an active faction (which admittedly Calculated has not been as of late), that isn't going to win any chaining competitions. I chained casually stacking a Xanax before my bed time and using LSD during the day (I still need the merit and it doesn't destroy my stats like Xanax) and managed to put up 217 hits... and even had a Xanax OD during that time which cost me at least 10 attacks. Mins and Chimito went full blast and put out over 350 each.

As for KrisC, I am sad that it went this way. You seemed like a nice guy, but the fact is you didn't participate in the territory wars and there was very clear notice sent during the most recent one. On top of that, your total attacks and respect earned for your age make it seem that while you certainly do have a long history with Calculated, it's a history that has regularly been about just meeting the minimums. A faction full of "I got my 15 hits a day" members isn't going to ever be able to be anything more than mediocre, so I not-so-humbly disagree with your assessment that we're now on our knees. We've been on our knees for a while now with too much dead weight to get our feet under us.
Wolverine [1971836]

you have a rule for farming wars: 15 daily hits.

I asked in the past what was the participation rule for territory wars: the leadership responded "I don't know, this system is still new".

the message you posted doesn't say anything: how do you determine if someone will be kicked?

how's much energy spent for joining walls? and for attacking? and how many points collected on the wall?

give me some numbers so I can manage my real life duties and better organize myself to meet those numbers.

your "very clear notice" says "all must participate in defending the wall at all costs": what does it means exactly?

"at all costs" is too generic.

for me "at all costs" means playing Torn during working hours instead of doing my job and weaking up during night to help the territory war instead of sleeping.

I spent 200 energy in these 2 territory wars: is 200 energy a too little amount? YES

how much daily energy spent is the minimum amount to prevent for being kicked? 15x25 daily like farming wars? I don't read it in the "very clear message" you posted, neither in the faction forum threads.

another thing: I join the wall, I'm kicked by jumping jack, then I join again and I'm kicked again from jumping jack, the attacks log is full of jumping jack raping our wall... so I write multiple times in the faction chat that one of our online heavy hitters should sit on jumpingjack... NOTHING.

excuse me but I join a wall if you support me by keeping the onliners hospitalized. YOU CAN'T ask me to join the wall to waste the enemy energy on me if there are a lot more online enemy players than us with a lot more energy than us... it's CLEARLY a waste of energy... change strategy!

that strategy could work against against enemies with less numbers than us, but even if we all participated then we would have still been outnumbered both by their number of players and their greater total battle stats.

I could say many other reasons for which that battle was lost from the beginning but it's pointless now... good luck my friend.


runekill163 [347115]

To be honest, I am actually very disheartened by this move as certain members who did not meet the requirements were kept while others who did have been kicked. While I understand the need to weed out the "leechers", using only 1 territorial warfare result to make that judgment does seem to be rather hasty when over 60% of the faction did not even make the quota in the previous war. As someone who has never fallen short of the quota in spending over 1.3k days in the faction (with the exception of this territorial war), it is clear that loyalty does not mean much and it will be interesting to see the new direction that the calc leadership will take.