I am being told that its illegal for me to advertise my discord server on Torn. I would like a clear explanation as to why discord is any different then IRC. My server is a Torn based server and is highly active with Torn players and also is active with Torn staff members. But It was brought to my attention tonight that I am not allowed to advertise my server on Torn? Anyone wanna tell me how a Torn based lotto / chat server on discord is any different then these people out here running lotto / chat servers on IRC?
Click
Here Or Banner To Join Us!
[image: image.prntscr.com] -Lane
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=14&t=16008414&b=0&a=0With a large following and a huge base for Torn players, Discord is being used widely , might even replace IRC totally in the very near future.
With easy and a friendly UI, I dont see why this is restricted from advertising..
#Lane'slounge is purely Torn based and no external influence has been visible...
Idk who gave this restriction, But it is totally stupid to do so..
Mentions:
Discord
Yes what he said, totally stupid to do so. Bring us crimes 2.0 and stop trying to restrict our voices. LET MY PEOPLE GO! LET EM WORK LET EM LIVE!
Cash me ousside! How bow dah?!
#Dab
hmm I but I see kata youtube in the forums and global whats the difference to someone promoting a discord ?
Yeah we need answers
There's absolutely nothing wrong with you advertising your Discord server in game. Not sure who said you can't, but they dumb.
We are forced to take in your updates without notice most the time, or any opinions of the players taken into consideration. In hopes that these changes will be 'better for the future of torn' So why then would you want to force us not to look to an obvious future progression. If you want to BAN discord servers then at the very least give us a worthwhile update, instead of waiting years for an update not to happen and instead get a stupid ass worthless update for player status.
LONG LIVE DISCORD!
Waiting for a valid reason we should not be using this. At the rate Ched moves wont hold my breath......
What are you guys on about? Mauk has been promoting his discord server for months in his doctorn thread without any issues.
Discord is fun. 10/10
(Not an advert)
Discord>IRC!
I've been sharing my Discord server for months and no ones said shit to me about it. Just keep on keepin on bruh.
i pop onto IRC now and again and its pretty much always dead.. sad, it used to be a awesome part of torn.
i think discord is replacing IRC. so it should, discord is much better and prettier! :)
And Discord lets me make fun of people like Collete with much more ease. I hate typing.
lmfao
In fairness, Torn controls their own IRC server, no one advertises their own server.
Lane remember me?
This. Torn also has control over said server I believe, even if the guy running it isn't staff.
Once the current projects are out of the way I'd love to see an official Torn discord server.
I have 2 Torn Staff Members who are staff on the server.
Checked it out, did not like it.
I think a staff free zone, adult if you will chatroom here would be a better option than some other website ie discord.