Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Inactivity Effects?

Started by Retfals [516786] on in Questions & Answers.

20 replies · 306 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Retfals [516786]

So I've been playing Torn on and off for a long time now, and I've come back again after a bout of inactivity. Every time I come back the game is different (obviously) from updates and such, but this time is different. As I look through the game I find that things I swear I did are undone, such as my level being lower and education courses not being done. I'm so confident I left my account in a different way than what I came back to. I don't think this is a bug, I can only assume this has to do with updates. I was just hoping somebody would have an explanation?
Retfals [516786]

Umm, I have one account. And I would like to think that is true of all players, but clearly this is not the case. And if I had multiple accounts, I would remember which is which, long inactivity or not. I've had this account for quite a while..
No_yolo_plz [1889385]

Sorry that was meant to be a joke, if you taken offence to that, im sorry again.

Serious answer now: as to my knowledge there isnt a method where you can reverse in level or progress, EXCEPT, for a system rollback. I think the simplest way to check this is if you have gotten an system rollback event or the Time Traveller honor bar (under misc tab in awards)
Winged_Cougar [1993598]

That would indeed be the only way I'm aware of too. As far as I know, it has only happened once. That was a Torn wide roll back, which reset all accounts in existence at the time by several days, as far as I know. As a result, most people consider the Time Traveller honor to be technically retired. I say technically because it would rely on the admins being forced to restore to an old backup for some reason. We're talking catastrophic failure. It's a contingency for which they are likely so well prepared, the possibility of achieving that merit at this point, if you don't have it, is effectively 0.

Source: I am the Backup guy for my organization. I'm a little more than vaguely familiar with best practices for this sort of thing, and I'm 99% certain Torn admin is following them to the letter.
Blexi [1458703]

You probably remembered your level and education done wrong... (Which isn't surprising if you were away a long time)

No game update has decreased levels and undone educations.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

Your memory is failing you either way, as it's not possible to lose levels or finished education courses. However if you're absolutely certain you should file a bug report.
Retfals [516786]

I also came back to 250 refills, and the whole new mission set up. I don't know if everyone had to start with the very beginner missions when that was rolled out or not. When I came back just a handful of days ago I was level 19... I'm still very confident I didn't leave at level 19, but it's not worth a bug report to me. Thanks for the replies.
dunmugmeh [538353]

Its not difficult to find multies ..

As someone who reads the forums a lot i have seen hundreds of them whining and crying over the years and even posting in their own threads with their field mice multies ...

They really are everywhere but a lot of them do get caught.

Most of the multi makers are pretty useless at playing games but some of them can be nasty. i remember reading a thread a few years ago about a nerd who had a reviving multi so he could mug people more. He got sent to multi heaven where he belongs.
FIDEL-CASTRO [1003091]

The education system used to be different a VERY long time ago. I don't remember how long ago exactly but I'd guess 6 or 7 years ago maybe. I noticed that some of those courses I had completed I had to retake with the new education system after I logged back in from being inactive for a few years.
Schmo [2032577]

I see all the multis when i go to SA. All the same age, same job, same level 15, same complete lack of activity or merits, same last log in time...

It's so obvious. Why isn't anything done about it, dunmugmeh?
McDallas [14757]

It's definitely not due to "updates". Nothing that has happened in the past years would revert your level or undo an education.

Worst case scenario it's a bug, and if you're certain it isn't just your memory, have a staff member have a quick look by filing a bug report.

Otherwise pretty much everything has been said, apart from welcome back! I hope you stick around this time.

PS a player would have had to be active around the time of the rollback to have received the Time Traveler award, no yolo.
dunmugmeh [538353]

They are blindingly obvious yes but the staff need to be 100% certain before they ban someone. A member of staff looking for brownie points could do himself/herself a favour and look at some of them :P
Lewis [1312721]

When I came back after years I could've sworn my stats were subtantially lower.

I think the issue is with us, not the game.

Our memories are surprisingly unreliable.