if I'm sounding like I'm trashing the game on what I'm gonna say, just know that it's just a dislike I have in here and some answers I need. This game is very good don't get me wrong but certain things annoy me:
That bank...I put in money and it takes a minimum of a week to get it back, and it gives a tiny tiny bit of percentage boost. When I put in my $5,000, I got a tiny bit booster and I had to wait a whole week on it
I want to know, is there another Torn Bank that gives higher interests or lets you get out money in an instant without waiting for a week? This is taking forever, I just want to put my money in a safe spot and get it out in an instance, is there a way to accomplish this task?
That's the deal with the bank...options are join a faction that allows you store money or get a PI and a vault, patience Grasshopper everything comes to those that wait.
Think of it as an investment account, not a day to day transactional account.
Grand Cayman has a bank once you're able to fly.
Please tell me where you can get a better interest rate at no risk IRL and I will send my entire savings there...
I wish there were wallets you could carry around, like some XXL size wallets
/:
Why would you put just 5k in? Even buying beers or brick and selling them immediately will get you 40k minimum. Get more money before you bank it.
That bank once you deposit money takes 7 days for you to wait "patiently" B4 u get it back...my mom Carries a purse, Dad's got a wallet, and all I've got irl is a crafted piggy bank which only has $4.73. Just wish you can have a keep safe like that, not like Area 51 but just a normal keepsafe.
Go to Casino Bookie. Bet 5k on the game that is furthest in the future. When you want your money back change the bet to 0 or 2500 for example.
If the bet is near expiry, move your money to a different bet that expires later.
No interest obviously but your money is safe from muggers
The bank is fair useless for making money. If you're looking to just store money safely there are multiple ways; [1] in the casino bet on a bookies match. As long as the bet time doesn't expire you can simply edit your bet to $0 and withdraw your bet. [2] Once you buy a company, faction or a property with a vault you can store money there.
Just a heads up, it's not worth storing $5,000. Most people carry around $1,000,000 on hand and mugging doesn't occur that much, especially among young/new players.
Many a player has fallen foul of the Torn Bank waiting times.
I am posting the following so you get an idea of future gameplay.
Torn bank works best when you got spare money and want it to work for you and you can forget about it for awhile.
I use the bank with my spare millions every two weeks.
My Method (and not saying this is the best its just my way for my play style) :
I got 50 million spare cash I put it in the bank for two weeks.
In that two weeks I flower run and other bits and pieces like using the crime options.
When those two weeks are up and the money is available I convert my flowers into points and sell the points to make more money.
With all that extra cash (After buying donator pack and any pi rental) I buy a ton of xanax and stick all spare cash back into the bank for another two weeks and that earns interest.
Each time I do this I make a bit more cash to stick back in to make bit more cash again.
I think you got some way to go before the bank becomes useful to you.
For now store your cash in the casino as mentioned before.
Seems so strange to 'store' money in the casino.
check out Destroys thread in tutorials and guides for 1
Don't use the bank for cash that you will likely need during the investment period. Use it for the purpose of saving to building up some net worth. It may take some time to figure out your own spending/investment game.
The bank pays interest, and is useful for investing, but it's not good for short term storage of money that you need access to. As several others have said, you can store cash in the bookies to avoid muggers. Using the casino as a vault is very effective - as long as you don't forget it. If you let the betting close, then you are highly likely to lose your money.
Long term, the bank can be very useful. I have 10 merit point upgrades in banking, and I keep $2B in the bank all the time, using 2 month investments. The interest works out to over $5M a day in profit. I can't get to it during that 2 month period, but when it ends, I collect over 300M in profit, and use the original $2M to start a new 2 month investment.
No one is gonna mug you for your 5k buddy. The bank is a means of investment in the safe and long term just as it is IRL. Early on, it protects your funds, later on it will be a easy way to make a few extra million or some place to store your endless amount of funds you just can't fit into your vault. My advice is to use it if you're carrying at least 300k for the sake of having absolute protection from the occasional mugger and be sure to invest your cash from time to time.
To add on to this. With max bank merits and 2 billion (max invest amount) you make hundreds of millions from interest so its useless early on but ramps up towards the end of the spectrum
I'll keep this in mind, thank you all once again!
Torn City's bank is less of a bank and more just a place of investment.
1) The Torn City Bank only offers what are commonly referred to in real life as "Certificates of Deposit", a.k.a. "CDs". They're better than CDs in real life, but I'm not trying to get into the details. The bottom line is that it *is not* a savings account.
2) Never bank at the 1 week term. It's the worst rate of all of them(after calculating proportional rates), and the 3 month term is 2nd worst. Always choose either the 2 week term, or the 2 month term. Choose the 2 week term if you have less than maxed amount. Choose the 2 month term if you have 2 billion+ to bank(maxed).
3) You may notice you can buy a piggy bank from the missions vendor for 5 mission credits. This is an excellent place to stash cash for the short term, until you can use options below:
4) Use the bookie to store cash like a savings account. *NEVER* let your amount sit until betting closes. Always move it to a new bet with a longer time period. I usually start looking for a longer term when my current bet reaches about 4 days. High activity required. Each bookie match can store up to 1 billion $, which gives the bookie overall a nearly unlimited storage capacity. There's a script out there somewhere that makes deposit and withdraw more convenient, but I've never had need of it.
5) You can get a Castle or better to use a property Vault. The largest vault can store up to 1 billion $. I've always just used the Bookie, and so I don't even have a Vault in my PI.
6) A company or faction can store a large amount of cash. They're both also subject to a certain amount of risk, in that faction bankers can steal cash, or companies can be hacked. I don't recommend storing large amounts of cash here, unless you own your own faction.
7) Cayman's has a bank which you can deposit and withdraw from any amount, earns a tiny amount of interest, and is completely safe from other players. It takes a 50 minute round trip to get there and back to use it(with a Private Island airstrip), and travelling requires level 15.
8) You can also store money in items, if you pay attention. Always remember to buy low, and then if you can afford to wait, you can simply list the items in your bazaar for a very high price. Eventually, as prices fluctuate, assuming you've chosen the right items, people will buy these from you, and you'll end up with more money. Beware buy-muggers.
Got it!