Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Trustworthiness

Started by -JJ- [2072854] on in General Discussion.

120 replies · 1.1k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 121 / 121 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

dunmugmeh [538353]

You are not playing the game right if you dont click crimes as a new player.

Crimes give you 'everything' a little money. Merits and a bit of levelling.
-JJ- [2072854]

When I wasn't logging in, I saw 3 different men, one was a fighter, another a criminal, and another an executive. Maybe multiple paths can lead to one destination for success in torn, I'm just theorising based off it.
Arauna [1639263]

Why are you so dead set on getting loans and not playing the game in a manner in which you will make your own money? Nothing comes free and easy in Torn, and once you have those loan payments to make you will be worse off than you are now. And a level 1? When I was a level 1 I didn't know how to do *anything*, much less how to come to the forums and debate about getting loans from people who will trust you on just the strength of your word. I agree with some of the above writers, you are a multi or a scammer or a multi who is a scammer. Try making money on your own, develop relationships with people here and then ask for loans. Except from me. I don't trust you enough to loan you $5 much less $500,000.
-JJ- [2072854]

Arauna, I do loans because I don't prefer begging for money. I rather get money, invest it and gain enough for self-keep and for paying back to the loan-giver with 25% interest. I do know that nothing is free, that's why you pay the interest and to pay interest you invest money that can overall sustain yourself and your fee+interest. I'm no multi, and don't see why that benefits, and nor do I scam, never have and never would tbh. Those who have loaned me know very well I pay back. Yes I am lvl 1, I don't see how that matters. And I talk in forums because the other 2 text chat boxes are mostly irrelevant. In the trade chat people are constantly posting about their trades like my copy machine from the printer and people on the new player chat, their chats were disgusting, and awkward at times.

i reaction the forum to be a suitable place because you get to share what you want and when you want and seek answers without being bombarded with random talks and disgusting conversations and racial slurs on the new players chat.

Well your entitled to your opinion so I don't mind. Say what you please I don't mind at all. Those who know me and have loaned me know that I keep my word, so it's fine, I'm not forcing you to do something. I hope you understand. Cheers!

Lois I read about merits, it's kinda like a mini booster to yourself I guess. Social Merit does what again?
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

check tutorials and guides section for Akashis guide to the social merit award .

You get a goody bag that can be sold between 18 - 24 mill unopened some donator days and the merit (maybe more i cannot remember).

If you open the bag you get the contents of varying value. Some bags get more some get less.

You can only get it once so do not waste your money / items.

And I agree New Player Chat can be a cesspit - I personally believe it should be monitored and treated as a training ground for torn instead well any dickhead can trash it.


-Khaos- [2063067]
  • Reach level 15 to fly
  • Fly to destinations suitable for your real life schedule
  • Invest in a Suitcase (extra carry capacity)
  • Rent or share a PI w/Airfield (+10 carry capacity and reduced flight times)
  • Use the above tips to Flower/Plushie run.
Wishing you the very best and welcome to Torn.
Badkitteh [1168946]

I don't get it. According to your stats, you've logged in over 40 times, but you have not committed a single crime. I don't know why you seem to think they are optional, or that you don't need to do them.

When/ If you do crimes, you will earn some money, and you will start gaining crime exp , and eventually your nerve bar will increase, you can do larger crimes, etc.
-JJ- [2072854]

Idk man, I'm just holding off crimes, maybe have a clean record XD

jk, well dunno, just don't know, time will tell wt transpires
AshleyT [1432316]

In a crime game where literally every high level player has done them? Fair enough but I can tell you, you won't get far unless you're a highly skilled item trader or a very lucky gambler without them.

Practically every car in the game is sourced via crimes, for example, as the docks is a poor source for them, for example.

When you finally reach the top, you can make over 300k with hacking crimes, with some risk, obviously. That's a lot better than maybe $12 at most or so when searching. I'm currently at 40 NNB (Natural Nerve Bar, a gauge for crime skill) and can succeed in said hacking, but 60 NNB is the highest it can go.

Start early, that little tick helper system vanishes after 14 days and never returns.
-JJ- [2072854]

I'll keep that in mind, someone did tell me to start robbing some sweets earlier as well, will see what works out laterz.
Fire_Bloom [2045344]

Start from the easier crimes and then move on. But doing crimes is almost a must.
Itll help you in many ways, and not doing them doesnt help.
cogo [1855260]

Op since all your asking for is such a insignifficant amount of money in torn ita easy to achieve without begging people to give you a loan.



There are a LOT of people that pay for losses. Find someone that gives $250,000 per each loss and do 4 per day and you will have your 1 million and you dont have to depwnd on anyone for pocket change.