Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Trustworthiness

Started by -JJ- [2072854] on in General Discussion.

120 replies · 1.1k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 121 / 121 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
121
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

MssChiraq [2062564] ×1 -Khaos- [2063067] ×1 -JJ- [2072854] ×1

-JJ- [2072854]

Okay and let me state this loud (texting loud :P) and clear (as crystal :P) this thread has 0% relation for me to be a begger. However I do want some clarifications.

Basically you take a loan hoping to get your needs payed and prioritised with the contract of you paying back the owner with interest, typically 25%.

For Example:

If someone loaned you $500,000, you should be expected to at them 25% before their deadline requirement, which in total, you must pay $625,000.

If someone loaned you $1,000,000, you should be expected to pay them 25% before their deadline requirement, which in total, you must pay $1,250,000.

The bald dude at the loan area doesn't give me much when I went to ask for a loan. I wanted to know these things:

Do players give loans to other players?

Which players typically give loans to other players?

To those who give loans to other players, if any do, do they give loans between $500,00 all the way to $5,000,000?



Let me know who does loans, better than that bald geezer. I can invest money for proper usage and I promise I'm a man of my word when paying back. People have told me that if you joke around with loans, your technically mugging them, which as an end result is endless bountying till you quit the game. I highly don't wish that nor do I have any desire to provoke others by not giving them their fair share.

Inform me on the answers to the questions I've got and do give critique if theirs any faults in it. I don't mind having cupcake creamy sweet mother like answers but if their is faults, let me know, yell out if ya need to I don't mind. As long as the questions are answered I'm satisfied.
-JJ- [2072854]

All I have is a first aid kit picked up off the streets, honestly if there's some sort of trust people can put by any chance? Idk bout other players but I'm not someone who would rip someone off and leave their jaws opened. Does anyone do any trusts?

I know Trust-falls are tempting cause you care for your spine and your back but is there any trust people got in here? Yea I know it's a crime city, but any players around who do give out of trust and if cheated, punish you severely with bounties? Anyone around like those folks?
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

From the moneymaking point of view bounties are like throwing good money after bad. And looking at your account you don't actually play at all yet still you seem to know some stuff about the game. And you do indeed know how to write in a pretty trustworthy manner. Maybe someone will find you intriguing and give you a loan. I'm pretty sure that you're just a begging multi trying something slightly different so I won't give you anything. :D
-JJ- [2072854]

What is a begging multi? I'm guessing that I'm being called a beggin midget, I don't mind I guess /:

I already mentioned I'm not begging for money, I just wanted to know who in here gives loans besides the bald dude between $500,000 and $5,000,000. it's ok if you don't, I'm just learning some basic skills to play and the do's and do-nots.

Any more answers to the questions above?
Otter [1821671]

I loan to faction mates all the time. At different times I have somewhere between 1$-billions out

but I always lend with collateral. Even with my best boys. Sometimes people go afk with even the best intentions. I don't blame them, but i do keep the collateral. It's just smart business.
-JJ- [2072854]

Ahh, should I just find items out of the Dump or the streets and get something worthwhile before I send it for a loan?
Ausseh [1554731]

Find items in the Dump (if you're very lucky, it will be worthwhile), use an irc client to join irc.torn.com and join the lottery channels. I'm not sure if much goes on there anymore, but it's a potential source of income until you can begin investing. There are also several player guides out there that you can follow in regards to making money.



Edit: probably easier than a $500,000 loan. You can't do much with 500k.
Fire_Bloom [2045344]

Try to find a IRC runner to help you log into it. The lottos there are totally worth it. Maybe some players even have a guide, ask around maybe? Rayne, Mujera and Mack_Daddy have for sure
ToxicMonkeyMZC [712861]

R+ for "that bald geezer" :)



Seriously though you are approaching the game all wrong. Your focus should be on MAKING money right now, not looking for a loan. Remember TC is a long term game and if you just play the game your money will accumulate naturally.



Thousands of players, including myself, have managed to become rich without the need to borrow a penny.
-JJ- [2072854]

Won't it make sense though if you borrowed it, invest it in a proper manner, and pay back with interest to the loan-giver? Not only are you profiting yourself but your profiting the loan-owner by giving him or her their 25% (+ or - depending on how loans are accustomed to you) interest?

Taking money from others without giving them back, yes that is pointless. But when you invest it in a correct manner, you and the loan owner profit.
Fire_Bloom [2045344]

With 25% the profit isnt much, but there are alot of risks. Suppose you take a loan of 500K and put it in the bank for three months, you get only 50-100K more. But you have to pay 625K to the loaner, hence the debt.
Other ways arent so reliable as well. So its best to make money by yourself. Easy ways. Buy from Bits and Bobs and sell it for higher. Stuff like that.
-JJ- [2072854]

That does sound like good idea but the time consumption is at play again;

1. That bank...man idk wt is wrong with it I even made a thread bought problems with storing money in the bank, check that out if y'all want, but yea that's time consuming like for real with tiny tiny profits.

2. I've got a trader who bought 70 of my plushies (containing sheep plushies, teddy bear plushies, and the kitten plushies) but the trader only buy them for $20,000. Don't see what's so interesting about this stuffed animals except people in NPC were talking bout it few days back. I just quit selling stuffed animals to people after the 4th day of playing.

These methods just seem like time consumption + waste of investments to be honest, as of now I only invest in source in torn for my income and profits (way higher than the army life).
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

You need to think bigger, but if you don't have anything yet you need those small profits too. I suggest you spend a few days reading the guides and tutorials on making money and see if you can come up with a better scheme.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

Simple answer for you is to sell losses around 300k + each.

To sell losses you attack a player and lose in return you get paid. You need to arrange details before attacking.
ArttiIsGod [1954421] Wiki Contributor

Beer is 10 and you can sell for 700. Pepper spray is 800 and sells for 1500. Most folks here power level to level 15 and then you can travel and make 5 million a day. Some do more and some less. You can also sell few losses 300k each. Few I mean you get enough money to buy erotic dvds to train stats high enough to power level. At level 3 you can join a company. Like sweet shop, there you can get cans that cost millions.
weedforever [282052]

a player who is 7 days old, who has done 0 crimes and most likely nothing else and now asking for loans, smells of scammer or multi to me
Wollongong [12833]

As with any loanshark, he will try you out with a small loan before trusting you with bigger loans.

Despite this conservative approach, he still needs to send in the debt collectors to break some bones (sometimes figuratively speaking).

Do people give loans: some do. Sometimes they require collateral, sometimes people have so much money that they don't care about whether or not they see it back.
-JJ- [2072854]

I'm neither scammer nor multi and thx For the loan Stylin and DAMINK and GMNSC4. DAMINK I'll send yours soon, and thx for answer articles and Wollongong.