Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Duke question

Started by ToxicMonkeyMZC [712861] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 3.86k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

Most-liked replies

ToxicMonkeyMZC [712861]



When going for the "Loan Shark - Achieve a high credit score with Duke" merit.....



Does borrowing and paying back before the interest deadline count?

I imagine the answer is no but....no?
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

The way I got it (and most people, I think) is to take out your maximum loan, then pay the interest every time more interest gets added on. If you're told you can get a bigger loan, then take the bigger loan, and keep paying the interest. Always pay any fees you owe, always increase your loan amount to the max, and you'll get the merit in 2 to 3 months.


MrVillain [618400]

What Baldr said is the classic way to do it. I got the merit in one week because I work at a TV Company which has a 10* bonus that occasionally improves your credit score with the Duke. I likely already had almost max credit score before even taking out the first loan.

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=16&t=16011894&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=17882811
Neo_Wells [902478]

I took out maximum loan and the paid interest every week . I didnt take bigger loan when available . but i got the merit after 2 months :)
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

If you pay your interest on time every week, then I think it would work, eventually. But I also think it will take much, much longer to get the merit.


Hopslam [795412]

I hope it isn't max loan required to get this one.... 2-3 month interest on 1b loan could be a bit expensive for a merit
Arthur_Morgan [2025279]

It looks like I can lend you an additional $111,000,000 up to $235,000,000 if you need it. You've made all the fee payments required, so you can pay back the $124,000,000 you owe when you feel like it.



Pretty sure I got the merit at around a 200 million dollar loan; paying off interest every week all the way up to it.

I just used Duke as my personal "vault" until I was able to afford one.
SamHain [2812583]
Lol I've had loan out with Duke for over a year. Think I paid off once because I was disgusted with the whole thing. I may just cut it at this point bcuz doesn't look like working for me.