Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Thanks Chedburn

Started by Prodigy [269095] on in General Discussion.

185 replies · 2.28k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 186 / 186 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

TrAsH_FiSh [692571]

So torn assigned all players to a team hmmm Then how is it that there are players that are not on a team? You Voluntarily joined you clicked the button you just got outplayed that's it. Get over it And besides isn't your team already eliminated? So who gives a **** what you think? Of course your going to cry and bitch you lost.
The_Skipper [1876106]

Your display a shocking inability to grasp logic. I am not surprised by that based on your rudimentary expression.

Let us walk through the steps. Perhaps that will help you?

Elimination is a competition based on teams that are intended to be somewhat random. The "somewhat" part resulting from a limitation of the choices you can make among 4 choices of teams ( I presume so that players will not feel forced to play for a team who has a name that may be offensive or "not cool" from the individual player perspective). The randomization of options is intended that overall teams should be pretty even and based on a random sampling of players, skill levels, ages, ranks, levels and so on. Thus, generally barring reasonable deviations from expectations, teams should be roughly equivalent.

What this competition is:

One team was comprised of 20% individuals who circumvented the normal restrictions on randomization through a quirk that Ched introduced allowing women to opt to cluster together.

Generally, I SUPPORT the notion of Ched allowing women to play together. There is a generally prevalent misogyny within and among gaming communities that often lends itself to intimidation and harassment of women who like to play any given game. Allowing women to assort thus can provide a fun and more relaxing interactive environment that many women may enjoy. Thus, I say to Ched, good job! I like that you have provided this opportunity for women.

Unfortunately, best intentions often have unintended consequences. This is the case here where a group of 200 or so shitheads decided to abuse Ched's kindness and thereby thwart the randomized experience that was intended. This has resulted in an imbalanced competition that is NOT what was intended or understood by those who THOUGHT they were signing up for the former and instead found themselves locked into the midden heap of whatever the current competition is.

As to who gives a **** what I think? Well, I am getting a great deal of thanks and support for being able to take the slings and arrows of individuals like you to express objection to what happened. Most are unwilling to speak out because of the extreme in-game intimidation that people like you like to exert on those who express contrary opinions. I am sure you do not care about that either. I am sure it pleases someone like you that your manner intimidates people who would like to have an open and engaging and friendly and enjoyable time in this and other gaming environments.

MTGA, sir!
Prodigy [269095]

"Its just a game, stop being so salty Looooool"

"we were smart Looool, we picked the team fair and square just like everyone else did"

"Player Committee is not corrupt Lmao"

"We could still lose you know"

"Whiners hahaha lol"

"Its not over yet"

-Pink Power Retards who don't know how to reply with anything sensible
The_Skipper [1876106]

Well, that happens in most games. In some cases I think it is a bleed-over from the generally toxic communities across the world that have no problem with the behaviors people show that are intended to intimidate and harass. It is more publicly visible in "political discourse" (if it can still be called that) but is symptomatic of the same generally prevalent problem around the world. This forum is no better or worse than anywhere else really.
TrAsH_FiSh [692571]

just because you don't like they way a certain group of people choose to play doesn't make it cheating. Is it cheating to be a part of a faction that requires its members to have 4 billion in stats? I don't think it is its just how they choose to play.
Brian [85088]

People choose to exploit a game mechanic. Is that not cheating? I guess everyone has their own opinion, but in my personal opinion (and from what it looks like, many others agree) people who choose to play abusing exploits are cheaters.
The_Skipper [1876106]

You see no difference between a preference of association and circumvention of game mechanics? Really?

Please don't take this as some sort of flame. I am honestly trying to understand your point.
TrAsH_FiSh [692571]

So creating a strategy is a exploit now ok what ever perhaps you should go play ohh I don't know maybe chutes and ladders? But then I'm sure you will find a way to bitch about cheaters in the little girls that play that game as well.
TrAsH_FiSh [692571]

So your saying you never once tried to get your buddies from your faction to join the same team as you? Never once tried to get your friends on the same team? I can hardly believe that. In fact I doubt any faction with highly active players never once said hey guys lets all try to get on this team or that team. PP has over 68k attacks made that is why we are winning nothing more nothing less.
Brian [85088]

Alright Mr Fish... Let's see what Ched thinks alright? This is a quote directly from Ched

"I would say, switching gender to join a specific team when the competition is about variance and fighting with new people is somewhat an abuse of mechanics. Certainly not bug exploitation but it does make a bit of a mockery of the system. I think it quite fairly makes those people (who switched gender) vulnerable to any plans I might have to mitigate any possible advantage they might have: If you abuse my mechanics, I'm okay with abusing you :)"



Ched even said it's an abuse of mechanics. Go argue your point with Ched. Btw, hopefully Ched screws you all in the poopers! Because they definitely deserve it and Ched seems to agree.
Nightmare [1637448]

We all thought the old faction chaining was over. Looks like a few factions found a loophole to win one last war. Luckily it's not cheating or ched would have done something useful for the community.
The_Skipper [1876106]

So you refuse to answer the question?

You instead deflect to an irrelevant point in which you assert that I am precisely the same as you?

No, I did not discuss my team choice with anyone in my faction. My faction leader is in PP and is just as reprehensible as you. In another thread you can see some of the discourse Sticky and I had on the subject.

So, answer the question and don't deflect in the hope that you can reach some moral equivalency with my by trying to say I am worse. Again from your prior posts I know this is the tactic you have learned from your politcal leader. Every time he gets caught in something, he likes to say someone else is just as bad or worse too, rather than answering for his own moral (immoral) decisions. The world sees through that man, and it can see through you too.

Answer the question.