113 replies · 1.84k views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:114 / 114 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
114
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
43 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
82 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Alexstrasza[1825532]
· 38 likes · Hi Ched, I hope you're reading some of the threads. People will call this salty, but for me, it's a complete disillusionment of you as an administrator, game owner, and character as a human being. I am unaffected by Duke's …
_chem_[1563587]
· 29 likes · Ched is absolutely awful as a community manager and needs someone in that seat that isn't him. Every time he makes a decision or takes a public stance it goes to pieces. I am one of the 204 filthy genderbenders. …
Daisy_Lynn[1854679]
· 23 likes · This all comes down to who's whining in your box, and who you care more about. I've listened to multiple extremely hard working people who have put in so much effort the past few days and even at that a …
I think the tale of this elimination competition going from unpleasant at best to an F5 dumpster fire starts when Clansdancer retired.
First we had the Midknight fed/Marc quitting debacle, whether you agreed with what happened or not, what came from that was Ched taking the reigns himself to become acting Community Manager, where previously he had stated in some bug/issue threads that "I dont even play the game so I don't know" type of shit.
I'm not bitching, I could really careless personally, but to hear about everyone else's bitching, well goddamn. Has torn ever been so negative and toxic in the past? Not that I can recall.
The competition should have just been rerolled at the start, instead we get a change to how scoring works and PP starts to manhandle everyone when before the scores stayed relatively neck and neck, and to counter PP what does ched do? Flips the switch on duke to go god mode on folks for changing sex, which isnt against the rules, a bit unsporty sure, but not feddable or illegal by any means, shit you have to do it for stripclub jobs.
Best option would be to stop the current elimination, give some notice, reroll teams, and let them have a 24 hr king of the hill free for all, no point deductions, whoever is top at the end, wins, simple and next year try not to screw the pooch again, hell, maybe even give folks a free 5 tokens for putting up with it all.
AND THEN.....find yourself a community manager that can see the forest from the tree's, cause trying to Duke it out aint earning ya any points and you're obviously incapable of managing shit yourself much less a community worth of shit.
While I agree, Clansy is no longer in a position where she'd be able to dedicate the time needed to Torn. I haven't talked to her in a while, but my understanding was that her personal life has become quite busy.
Ched is absolutely awful as a community manager and needs someone in that seat that isn't him. Every time he makes a decision or takes a public stance it goes to pieces.
I am one of the 204 filthy genderbenders.
That said, soon as PP gets elim'd and I can get out of hosp I'm off Torn for good, a game where the admin will repeatedly change or break game rules by using mid-game scoring changes, invincible NPCs, and otherwise illegal attacking scripts "because you deserve it hurr hurr" for non-gamebreaking behavior is not a game worth playing.
The gender swap might have been a dirty trick but it was not a bug or exploit, just the result of an administrative oversight that Ched himself even acknowledged before everyone started salting the forums and it suddenly became "a problem". If you think punishing 200 active players for what was basically a harmless prank is a good idea you are too biased.
Have fun fellas, it was fun for a while and now it's not.
I vote for a paid professional with CM experience outside Torn. Someone willing to say "don't do that, it's a bad idea" who can also control their own image.
I believe Chedburn has done so many things right except this competition. Can you find any better text based rpg than Torn? We love this game that Ched has given us.