Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Props to all the players who stand up to bullies

Started by Vernunzio [730674] on in Graveyard.

267 replies · 3.53k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 268 / 268 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Beerstein [1322136]

and what about Kata who was bullying WickedPrincess? Seemed to forget that bit in your "Oh brave Kata" speech. Most of what you speak of isn't bullying but rather comes from repeated responses to repeated trolling. In Katas case yes it was, but again, she's certainly not innocent by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, she's been one of the worst of late.

That said, while I agree that it's going way too far in some cases like Kata, it's probably a good idea to keep in mind that she's done exactly that herself to someone else but went much further even.

In addition, you speak like you know what triggered Phantom and bully him back in a similar manner by doing so in this post when you have no clue. In fact, in general you seem to know very little of the details you speak of. In a generic sense, does it go too far sometimes? Yes. In specific instances, you're just piling on to a mess you clearly don't have a strong grasp of yourself by attacking Phantom. If it's okay to attack him for "getting rejected" as you claim, then it was perfectly okay for him to attack Kata for what she's done to WP. Has to end somewhere, I guess that somewhere clearly isn't with you though.

If you have a problem with it make a thread sure, but don't list stuff you don't understand. If you want to do something about it, well sure a thread is fine, but there's other ways to go about it as well.

I just hope in all this crap Kata learned something about how she herself has treated others. As for Marlon and Dude, I haven't seen them bullied at all so I'm not sure where you're coming from here. They try to be controversial for attention and get controversial attention, there's no bullying going on here.
Chit [1380260]

so you're perfectly fine with real life harassment happening on an online game, as long as it's on people who you deem worthy of it?
Beerstein [1322136]

Not at all, and I'm not sure how you got that from what I said. What I'm saying is Vern has no clue what he's talking about but used his faux white knight crusade platform as a way to attack Phantom while acting like he's somehow better. In fact, as far as I know I'm the only one that's taken constructive steps to stop the Kata thing despite the fact that she's done worse to others.

I get it, she's a faction member. But I fail to see how adding fuel to the flames by adding one more person to the "Torn hitlist" is at all constructive.
Vernunzio [730674]

You're equating what Phantom has been doing to Kata with one line in my post directed at Phantom. Keep trying.

I'm not going to get into the details because it is not my story to tell, but I can see what Phantom and crew have been doing to Kata. True, I don't know the details of what Kata has allegedly done to anyone else. But that doesn't make it Phantom's place to bully and harass her as payback, especially when we all know that this is due to whatever issues Phantom has with Kata personally, and not some retaliation for all the mean things Kata has ever done that you are all of a sudden so concerned about.

If you don't see how the wannabe bullies go after Marlon and Dude, then it's only because you intentionally have blinders on, or maybe it's just because Marlon and Dude have the heart of a lion and can withstand it all without complaint.


Beerstein [1322136]

"But that doesn't make it Phantom's place to bully and harass her as payback"

But it makes it your place to bully him as payback by saying "This Phantom guy is lashing out 24-7 because he was turned down for cyber-sex. Phantom, go get a box of tissues and google some titties or something, and try to get your emotions under control."

So what I'm getting out of this is that it's only okay for you to bully in retaliation, but not for others to do so because you're better than everyone else. I'm long past tired of the bullying on Torn, but you are certainly not helping.
Vernunzio [730674]

Except for that it's exactly what you said. And again, if you think that whatever few words I have directed at Phantom here rise to the level of bullying or attack, you need to grow a thicker skin. You have aimed a few lines at me in your post, but I'm not going to go cry about it.

This is another one of those instances where someone is trying to be clever with rules lawyering and semantics but winds up outsmarting themselves. You claimed Dude and Marlon are not bullied, but anyone with half a brain sees that what they are subjected to is far worse than whatever I have said about Phantom in this thread.

As I said at the beginning, this isn't a situation for rules lawyering. Bullying is the sort of thing reasonable people know when they see it. Let's not argue about semantics or who deserves what, or how awful of a person you think Kata is. Let's agree that bullying is bad and see what can be done about it, whether it is Ched or developer intervention, or better responses as a community.


Vernunzio [730674]

Beerstein, that's like me claiming it is bullying because you said something dumb about my white knight crusade and how I don't have a clue and so on. You're making a weak false equivalency, and it plainly shows what side of the debate you reside on.

I have a hard time believing you are really this dense and will instead conclude you're being deliberately obtuse to try to score cheap debate points.

Carry on.
Beerstein [1322136]

That's all well and fine, but if we clearly both have different ideas of what bullying is, as everyone does, then it's not as simple as flipping an on/off switch, is it? I say you made a personal attack on Phantom, he made personal attacks on Kata, she made personal attacks on WP. You say you didn't and I need to grow thicker skin. Yet at the same time you say Dude and Marlon are bullied, in both cases I say they aren't. Again, it's easy to say get rid of it, and I agree, but the problem is not everyone agrees about what it is. You seem to think you're innocent, I don't. I think people aren't doing it to Marlon/Dude, you do.
Vernunzio [730674]

Please stop derailing the thread. You can't possibly really believe that what I said about Phantom in one post is equivalent to the course of conduct he and others have embarked on against Kata. You are playing word games to try to divert attention from a real problem. However, if Phantom wants to post here and explain how my words have hurt his feelings, and how he realizes from these words hurting that he should stop being a jerk to Kata, then I will apologize and delete them from my post.

Also, this thread is not intended to be all about Kata. It is sorely needed in the Torn community that we address internet bullying more generally. Also, everyone give some props to Dude and Marlon too! And let's ask what we, as a Torn community, can do to be more excellent to each other.
bloodbaine [1580503]

This entire thread is a giant contradiction from the get go.

I'm surprised it hasn't been graved yet.... so I guess... in before grave.
PhaNToM [1503918]

Please, stop trying to make Kata out to be innocent, i'm not innocent. Most people here aren't innocent if you want to consider all bullying. How many people bullied Trish? How many people bullied Ali? How many people bullied WickedPrincess?

Kata has Free Willy t-shirt on in her news story and on her computer in the background. I'm pretty sure she has Dallas Airport on another. (real life harassment)

Me doing this for nudes? Please, don't get the story mixed up again. Me doing this over jealousy? Again don't get the story mixed up. Kata preaches a lot but doesn't practice it. When called out she lies. Bounties are about lies and for everyone that PM's me they all figure this out. There is nothing to gain from me doing this other than creating some drama for Ched apparently.

You're from her faction so I can see why you're being biased. Don't be one of her 'Yes' people though.

This is the most active Kata has been in two weeks; she is sitting here flourishing in attention she is getting.

Some of you think i'm triggered or raging. Anyone that knows me or talks to me knows i'm sitting here laughing at all of this.



[image: image.prntscr.com]

[image: image.prntscr.com]

[image: image.prntscr.com]