Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Comics

Started by Sam9000 [1574059] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 157 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Sam9000 [1574059] ×1

Sam9000 [1574059]

Submitting someone else work as a comic is a federal jail offense. Does this imply art that is stolen or would hiring an artist be acceptable?

If its not acceptable under any circumstances, what is the distinction between those that sell attack losses, kill streaks, race losses, slots for dirty bomb merits, ect?

Is it because in game items are being awarded(250 points) with the merit? And if so, does that mean someone who advertises on their profile they will pay for others to use their referral code are breaking the same rule since they will be awarded items when their referral hits 10th?
daub [1869454]

Good Q.

I commission or buy a comic irl with real money, it's my property. But if I submit in Torn I'd say RMT so no go.

In game a comic purchased with game cash or items Ched is irl owner (right?) but it belongs to my account. I'd say if you declare its provenance, it should be allowed. Not saying it is allowed just that it should be.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

It's not acceptable to hire an artist. Imagine if there was an actually good artist here with enough skills to draw professional and funny comics, would it make sense that they would sell 10 or 20 comics to different users who'd submit them as their own? Normal users with a decent idea and less than perfect drawing skills would have no chance to compete.
Sam9000 [1574059]

I didn't realize there was any competition to begin with. I figured it was just Ched's way of paying players for providing content to his newspaper. The slow rate of comics being updated gives the impression that only a handful of artists are submitting work.

In the example of the Stan Lee of Torn dominating submissions with commissioned work, I would just buy one like everyone else to get my merit and be done with it. Newspaper comics section would be awesome. :)

But seriously, I see it as just another form of in game commerce. I don't see it being any less or more fair than faction wars that hire guests to do revives, sit on walls or hits against the other team. It gives the buyer an advantage they wouldn't otherwise have, that their will to pay for.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

The slow rate of comics being updated is because it takes ages for them to get looked at (a month or more) after you submit them. I don't think it's allowed to just buy someone elses work though.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

I don't think that's the reason, a long processing time would only cause a delay at the very beginning. The real reason is that Ched declines most submissions because they are crap. And partly because people know it's no idea to send in a really crappy comic.



@Sam9000:

I understand what you're saying, I just see it differently. I think buying a comic from a 'pro' would be like entering Mr/Mrs Torn using a pic you bought from a random camwhore.

Mentions: Sam9000 [1574059]

Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

No trust me, even when he declines them it takes a month at fastest, I've had several declined, that even if I say so myself, weren't total crap.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

You probably have a different idea of what a good artist is than I have. And I never claimed that anyone has monopolized comic production.
daub [1869454]

Our respective tastes aside, some are talented enough in the eyes of those who accept submissions or there would be no comics.
Mike_Ray [725224]

I could in fact make much money from sell my art work in TC money to other members I mean, At first you might think wow that is against the rules and it currently is , but here are some basic facts.



1. I only made mine to gain a merit.

2, I wouldn't make another as whats the point there is no benefit for me.



Missing Idea's



The basic comics could be used by the site as SEO work to improve the game and help bring in new players.



Therefore - Why wouldn't we want this?