Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

API

Started by Stewie [1494547] on in Bugs & Issues.

64 replies · 765 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 65 / 65 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

We are logging this errors if key read failed, but key exists in the system - strange, but so far there are no logs at all. Error 12 mean that system was unable to get key from DB, however there are also no DB related errors, so it was not a failed query. Are you getting this errors with your own key? Or this is a log of all users, who received the error?
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

I will add logging by your key then - so we will be sure, that key was correct during failed request. Please don't change your key (or tell me about it) in near days, and please write me, if you will catch it again.
WAGA [681394]

I am pretty sure this relates to Torn as it only started happening roughly after the update.

Happens to me on both DocTorn and Tornstats too where before the update I get exactly ZERO errors.

As I have said yesterday I put new API (when I posted last) and was working till now and says fail again and have to go again with new API.... seriously?
WAGA [681394]

Meant the Sidebar Update, started happening from / around that time for me. Absolutely nothing before.

The best thing is that again it says IP banned and I can't do shit, but this is from a completely different IP address across the country and all I done was put new API key and straight away got the IP banned message.

Tempted to uninstall all so annoying.
Otter [1821671]

sorry to butt in here, but saying garbage like this doesn't help Waga. Clearly they are concerned about this issue. the boss and Head coder have replied over a dozen times in this topic. it is very apparent that this potential issue concerns them and they are directly looking at fixing it as soon as possible. Instead of posting junk like this, just post useful information that can help solve the problem,

EX the first line in your post only.
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

Perhaps you can remember, if this started at Tuesday (when first release was, however rolled back), or at Friday?
WAGA [681394]

How's what I posted a junk. I gave valid info in that post.

Don't know what you on about??? Don't turn this into another bitching thread..
WAGA [681394]

I am almost certain this started Monday / Tuesday last week as I was working Monday from a pc and bitched about it not working, came back behind pc on Friday and started posting etc.



Update 14:36 - changed my IP address now and it works with a new API, but gave that same old "not found error" still
Stewie [1494547]

The earliest it happened to me (and a few others) that I recall was last Wednesday/Thursday.

(The 'Invalid key' errors, that is. Now it is error 12, it seems)
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

[image: image.prntscr.com]

This has happened twice again, so far.

To add more details: These errors started (for me) on Thursday last week, not sure it's even related to the last update.

@Waga: You don't need to reset your API key every time this happens, just merely need to re-enter your existing key. The IP block issue is most likely happening because the systems are designed to fail and stop on error 2. But now that they're coming across as error 12, the systems continue to try to make the call...ending up in a variety of bad requests and resulting in a temporary IP block. Fortunately it's just that, temporary. Annoying, yes, but hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.
WAGA [681394]

Got two of these errors just now

Failed to connect to MySQL: (2003) Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db2' (99)

Both times DocTorn said Fail

don't know if that's related or not?
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

Yes, this is related. We know, what the problem is now, however we still need to investigate, what's causing this, and here we will need a help of our server team. The same issue can also cause random DB errors around the site I afraid.
Megadeth [24557]

Hello,

Was doing my normal things (gym, crimes, checking mail, forums) and received the following error: "Failed to connect to MySQL: (2003) Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db2' (99)." Nothing else was shown on the page other than the side bar. I was on torn mobile on my desktop if that helps at all. Will continue to see if this happens again. Everything is back to normal when refreshed though and it continues happening.