Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Refills- warning Rage

Started by Blackjack-x [981452] on in General Discussion.

38 replies · 751 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Thrie [148961] Moderator Official

Ched is farming for friends. If you add Ched to your friend list you will see all of his announcements. "Now you know Ched's dirty little secret "
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

Indeed.

I added Bogie for the same reason when I first started, even though he has no freaking clue who I am.

Now that I've been here a short while, I've learned they're multis...if you add one, don't forget the other.
Leafeh [467479]

Wait, you get refills for being inactive? [:confused:]

And people are finding a way to bitch about how they are managed?

Christ, be grateful you even get that shit. It could just not be a thing at all like in the past.

Well, I guess learned something from the complaining, so thanks for that anyway.
Kam [1329153]

Couldn't agree more. Had one refill left and was saving it for a special occasion. Force of habit caused me to go to the points building and spend 25 points for my daily refill. Little did I know, it was the free one that I had been saving. Definitely annoying that we didn't even get a warning..I'm pretty upset about this :/

Yes it was free from when I was inactive, but since it was permanently added to my account, I feel that I should have had a choice or known about this change.
Kingstown [1957679]

You also get free refills when you start. Everyone.

In every newbie thread it's adviced not to use them, but to save them for a special occassion. As it is a longterm game. A marathon. Everyone will tell you that when you start. Yet when you listen to that advice given by veterans 2 years later down the road we're bitching?

It's not only about refills for being inactive, but for all refills. Not sure why people have to be punished for being patient and working towards a longterm goal.
Stewie [1494547]

New players no longer get the 20 free refills, instead get energy boosts for completing New Player Missions. Been like that for around 4 or 5 months now.
Trotsky [243931]

Make bullet-in board or major announcements threads updates more easily visible, as banner on home page or push to mailbox? That way no-one has an excuse not to read them and then get pissy when things arent how they thought?

- Edit, thinking about it, nearly every other game I play uses a pop-up style notification for game changes when you log on, or refresh to a home/menu screen.
Vernunzio [730674]



Was this change Ched's idea alone, or did it come through committee?

Doesn't make sense to me that this is what Ched would spend his time thinking about. Ched has so many more important things to deal with than whether people are "hoarding" inactivity refills. If they are hoarding them, they are by definition not using them, so who are they hurting? If they are using them strategically, like in conjunction with a book, or even in a faction war, like some posters mentioned, more power to them. They still won't get a fraction of the training compared to people who actively trained during that same time frame that the inactive persons refills were accruing, and, as far as a faction war, each refill is the equivalent of one FHC. Helpful, but not the end-all be-all.

Doesn't make sense tbh that anyone would have spent their time thinking about and then nerfing inactivity refills. The only way it makes sense to me is if someone in committee brought it up because of w/e agenda they had of their own.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Was ched's idea in response to the new sidebar not having these refills included. The committee isn't involved in everything xD
Myst [9338]

Well I do read announcements, but not the patch list. My mistake I suppose, but reading forums often is not something I do. At any rate the refills are back on my side bar... Peace
Blexi [1458703]

Just realized it this morning that I was using the two free refills these two days. Disappointing change, as I was hoping I can save them for a big war. But what is most annoying that this change was done unannounced, and it was super easy to miss. Maybe a mail to all those who had special refills would have been good.
Roma [18081]

I wasted mine too and put up a bug report everyone Need a to bug report to change this clear injustice and get our special refills back
Blackjack-x [981452]

nothing will be done cause its ched

i used half of my refills to gain 10m stats which useless

i could have warred with those



Im sure he reads these threads, would like to hear his reason to why he felt it was so important to undertake such action.

was it game breaking? or just you felt like you needed more drama in the game?
Trotsky [243931]

I take your point, you're not wrong I wholeheartedly agree its enough for any slightly curious person who takes them game with average seriousness... but I work on the assumption that people are IDIOTS, and unless you forcibly have the information in their face when needed they wont read it.

We've sent 13 Newsletters in the past week to our faction about the new chaining 2.0 changes and tactics, what time we're starting, how we should call hits etc...

and we get: "too many news letters" , "they were too long" and "oh I just dont read them" ... 13 messages, to their inbox over 7 days totaling less than 2 A4 pages.

Torns player base has an average IQ of less than 110 for sure. These people, the erm... the normal ones, they need that pop-up, or they shit post complaints. Then again, they probably find something else to shitpost about.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

I would say you're an idiot for sending 13 newsies in 7 days. Or maybe you're so much more intelligent than the average guy that you don't understand that even half of that would be too much. You can't force feed information to people, especially not to idiots.
HerrSchmidt [2069746]

Tip for beginners: kick the trash

If your player base is "too dumb" that's a reflection of your poor management not their ability

Stop blaming everyone else for your shortcomings