Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Need help.

Started by xxmagnusxx [2041923] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 221 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
37
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

xxmagnusxx [2041923]

I have dilemma specific to the dog tags event, so the story is i've been collecting tags from doing daily missions and have collected around half a dozen this past week, lately there is an anonymous attacker that keeps mugging me and taking my tags. I can tell this is just one mugger and probably a high level at that due to mostly ohko'ing me and weapon used. Is there anything i can do to stop this from happening, i really want to participate in this event but its just downright unfair that this person is bullying my account and stealing my hard work. This person literally took everything from me and now i have 1 tag left :(
OlafderGeiger [1998145]

If the weapon is a Diamond Bladed Knife you can't really deduct that it's just one, it's a popular weapon.
Also competitions like this aren't really good for young IDs like us. You're gonna get attacked a lot during the competition,
so you probably should rather put your energy into training instead of doing other people's work.
If you want to have a few tags before the competition ends, do so right before the competition ends.
Hopslam [795412]

How can you say you really want to participate in this event? You've only been collecting tags from doing daily missions. That is hardly participating :/ Also participating in Dog Tags and collecting tags is only half the battle. The other half of the battle is trying to keep your tags. There is tag decay, so that one person, or a group of people, only have a chance of taking your tag with each successful attack, and the chance decreases too as the more you are hit. Especially, if it is only 1 person doing it to you, you should have an easier time taking more tags than you lose on a daily basis (if you were truly wanting to participate...)
xxmagnusxx [2041923]

I guess i have to skip this event then since i'm still relatively new and it seems to be catered to players with decent fight stats at minimum, really appreciate the replies/insight guys, i have grown a little wiser as a result. I still consider myself a noob in torn hope you understand lol.
Hopslam [795412]

^ It definitely takes a bit of general game knowledge and experience to really get involved with a competition like this dog tag one. I still don't think the battle stats is that big of a hold back. There are lots of tips and info out there on how to get tags, and there is a lot of tips and info out there on how to avoid getting attacked a lot. If one is really participating, it does require quite a bit of dedicated activity and experience. The competition still goes on for another week, I think. Why not give it a go for fun? and just use this year for experience building.
Brujo_McDuck [1948580]

I feel your pain dude. I'm farming for the 50 tags merit but every time I get up to around 45 tags I lose a few which sets me back. I'm burning through E and points like there's no tomorrow but just can't crack the 50 mark. It's pretty frustrating but that's how the game rolls.

Keep playing though. I'm coming up on 850 days in Torn and FINALLY stopped being a regular target for mugs etc. Game keeps getting better the longer you play.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

The first rule of dog tags is that if you're trying to collect dog tags, you don't want to be posting in the forums "I have a bunch of dog tags, I'm trying to collect more".

That's a good way to become a target.