A option to choose darker theme than the bright white would be very nice.
It destroyes my eyes every time I change tabs from darker themed sites to Torn at middle of the night in a dark room.
I would like to see dark theme.
I think there's a script somewhere to change the background but not helpful for mobile. I've been wanting this for a while now. I like dark themes even in the day time.
I use the extension Dark Reader, but agree with MB it doesn't work on mobile
all in but what about when your in hospital?
Yes! I'm also an avid user of DarkReader, and it works great ... except in racing. And I like to race.
So please, dark theme would be perfect!
Would love this. Also find it funny that Torn hurts most when in hospital.
Instead of white, grey can be used so that it doesn't hit the eye like that, but dark color theme is childish.
White on black (I actually use light grey on grey-sepia, but the principle is the same) is actually healthier for eyes. Those of us that spend a lot of time on computers reading and writing and already have trouble with eyes are generally more appreciative of it, so I hope you can remain steady in your conviction for a long time and keep your eyes healthy.
In case you're interested though, it might be worth checking some research on the topic. It's limited in number sadly, but it has been done from 1987 (Mills and Weldon) up to today.
EDIT: Some research on reading on screens that you might find interesting is (too lazy to type full titles, this should be enough that you can find it):
Chase, Ashourzadeh, Kelly, Monfette & Kinsey, 2003;
OConnor, Sofo, Kendall & Olsen, 1990;
Ray et al., 2005;
Smith & Wilkins, 2007;
Stein, 2003;
Waldie & Wilkins, 2004
I actually read it somewhere ....forgot where, that the devs of torn always wanted the whole interface to be eye-friendly......i don't mind what it is currently.
I would like this. I use dark themes on everything whenever I have the option.
Maybe add light to your room?
It's not good for your eyes to sit a dark room staring at a screen anyway... XD
It doesnt matter to me what the colors are, as long as it would not be so bright. Gray would be improvement