Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dark theme

Started by NatrixNatrix [2082999] on in Suggestions.

23 replies · 183 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

NatrixNatrix [2082999]

A option to choose darker theme than the bright white would be very nice.



It destroyes my eyes every time I change tabs from darker themed sites to Torn at middle of the night in a dark room.
Michi [1922819]

I think there's a script somewhere to change the background but not helpful for mobile. I've been wanting this for a while now. I like dark themes even in the day time.
Madbranch [1935018]

Yes! I'm also an avid user of DarkReader, and it works great ... except in racing. And I like to race.
So please, dark theme would be perfect!
Madbranch [1935018]

White on black (I actually use light grey on grey-sepia, but the principle is the same) is actually healthier for eyes. Those of us that spend a lot of time on computers reading and writing and already have trouble with eyes are generally more appreciative of it, so I hope you can remain steady in your conviction for a long time and keep your eyes healthy.

In case you're interested though, it might be worth checking some research on the topic. It's limited in number sadly, but it has been done from 1987 (Mills and Weldon) up to today.

EDIT: Some research on reading on screens that you might find interesting is (too lazy to type full titles, this should be enough that you can find it):

Chase, Ashourzadeh, Kelly, Monfette & Kinsey, 2003;
OConnor, Sofo, Kendall & Olsen, 1990;
Ray et al., 2005;
Smith & Wilkins, 2007;
Stein, 2003;
Waldie & Wilkins, 2004
_Abaddon_ [1617737]

I actually read it somewhere ....forgot where, that the devs of torn always wanted the whole interface to be eye-friendly......i don't mind what it is currently.