100 replies · 1.42k views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:101 / 101 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
101
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
82 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Champion[1927067]
· 15 likes · I agree, Kata had no right to put Ra1der's true sexuality in the forums #FedKata
Gator[1875355]
· 14 likes · People were harassing Kata and deserved to be fedded for harassment. #STFU
Leafeh[467479]
· 14 likes · [image: media.discordapp.net] ...not sure how I'd feel if someone called me a torncity. I don't want to be an old version of a game that requires nightly backups.
Can you please elaborate on the new rules for discrimination, racism and harassment? I've noticed the rules have changed without announcement as Kata is still walking freely, while under Heather she would have received an instant 30 days fed. So please, I don't mind that you changed the rules, but at least tell us a bit more about this. Of course I would also like to know what your reasons are for suddenly supporting behavior like this towards other players.
p.s. I take it that from today on it's allowed to call people for example a xxxxxxx in public without punishment? What's do you have for us in line next, Chedburn?
I'm sorry, but I started laughing at the thought of NWA replacing what many people consider and offensive word describing peoples ethnicity, with the actual word "N-word".
"N-word" With Attitude
Sorry, I'm easily entertained which might be why I like playing torn so much.
After she harassed how many others? Then threw a fit about being harassed, then continued to do it to others once she got people to stop doing it to her? Foxxeh would be ashamed at what Vulpes has become.
Kata insinuated that Ra1der was gay in her news program, then when asked by Ched to apologise, she created a thread apologizing for insinuating that he's gay, before insinuating that he was gay once again in that same thread.
But it's okay to be judgemental and bigoted if you have gay friends, to hear her tell it.
If i have black friends, may i also be racist? Nope...
So, what I'm getting from this is you have a problem with someone claiming someone is gay but you don't have a problem with the person who someone claimed is gay claiming someone else is gay?
The words witch hunt spring to mind but I don't want to be accused of wanting someone burned at a stake.
For future reference, an example of a sincere apology might look like this:
Dear Ra1der,
My apologies for suggesting that you might be gay in my news show. Obviously, your sexuality is no one's business, and i was being a bitch by even joking about it. I realize that making personal attacks on real people is not only against the rules, but also incredibly stupid of me in this case. I have alienated anyone who might actually happen to be gay by using a sexual preference as an insult, as well as anyone who has close friends or family who are gay. I was dead ass wrong and I deserve to be forum banned at the least.
It's a weird position we're in now that by naming the persons in question, we're now amplifying what happened that much further blowing this thing into an even more public platform. Is there much reason to continue to mention names, less the incident gains that much more exposure?
Let's all simply agree to not lend any spotlights for people wishing to stay private and to not confirm/deny anything.
I just watched the video, and honestly, I didn't see any discrimination. She made a joke and it didn't come off as well as she hoped. I read the post, and no matter what she wrote in it, it was a forced apology by Ched. A forced apology is never a good apology. I didn't think she had anything really to apologize for.
She doesn't like a player, one that is doing the same thing y'all are calling her out on, and made a joke. I don't have a dog in this fight. I really don't. I like players on both sides of this.