Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Multiaccounting: setting a dangerous precedent

Started by Hildegarde [2050558] on in General Discussion.

103 replies · 1.43k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 104 / 104 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Kingstown [1957679]

Your post would have so much more power if all the facts and figures were out.

I've followed the B&I section too and i've seen many users being permfedded over this. One of the most well known probably being Kyal



You claim that: "Pretty much all of the ones involved in the huge multi-accounting scandal are currently alive and well". Show us the figures please. How many have been fedded for 30 days or less and how many have been permfedded? I seriously don't know, but apparantly you do. If this is only about Herculus and/or MMCP again then your case is pretty poor tbh as several users in that faction have been permfedded. (Kyal being one of them)

When Chedburn became our new CM after the Midnight affair he made it pretty clear that he would handle things in the future on a case by case basis where deletion would only be used in extreme situations. Most multi-accounts probably won't fall into that category. Especially not if it's a first time offense.

The doors to shady gamers have been opened at that point. Marc stepped down because of it. In the end Torn is a businessmodel where earning cash is allways a factor. Sometimes even a bigger factor then a cheat free enviroment . Welcome in the real world.


Mentions: Kyal [460606]

Ninivah [1950421]

Well I can't offer much of an opinion since most of this is going over my head but it was an interesting read.


Hopslam [795412]

Ched stated that Multihunter is an automated system that looks for suspected multiple accounts, and that staff will continue to handle all other cases of multiple accounts manually.

All one can do as a player who knows of another using multis is to report them, and if the proof provided in the report or staff research confirms, then the action will be taken. Not sure what else could be done.

I guess the big philosophical questions here....

If one knows of another (or others) using multis, does their stance on reporting those with multis differ depending on if they are a friend, an enemy, or an unknown or neutral?

Is it / should it even be on the players to report that kind of activity?
*not all players have the same level of care to report
*not all players have the same viewpoint
*not all players have the same integrity. Things like false reports and personal vendettas/revenge..
*staff and automated systems can't catch everything, and players reports and research and sometimes limited views aren't always reliable




Viracocha [1772040]

While other game development companies are actually doing something about cheaters, sending a clear message Ched, EA and a few other outliers, seems to be almost embracing the scoundrels.
Hildegarde [2050558]

Seems like I would get into trouble for bashing specific people/faction.

Which is ****ing hilarious, considering that I can potentially suffer higher consequences for calling out the cheaters, than the cheaters actually faced themselves for cheating.

****ing brilliant, isn't it?
Sweeney_Todd [27468]

There are stages, with all rules, for punishments. 1st offence carries a lot less than 3rd or 4th offence, they are not all treated equal. 1st offence would be removal of all other accounts and a warning. Fed jail is reserved for players who continue to break rules...

So some caught in the multi bust will seem to you to have got off scot free, but these are the rules staff have to follow... [:sick:]
Robbo [1826175]

so you get the same punishment for having one multi as you would for having 100.

if you only have a single multi you're dumb, get a company full.

if you get caught, IF, who gives a shit. First offence is a freebie so might as well.
DangerNoodle [1482301]

Did the multibot do anything to take away interest earnt on illicit funds? Aka if I multi traded myself 10 bil and stuck it in caymans or bought stocks, even if you take away that starting 10 bil Ive still made a huge profit. Given we are now seeing first offence isnt even punished, it makes me want to give it a go. I wont, but Im sure others are also now considering this.



the forum post said the hunter will let you profit for a while too so you have to put in effort before it takes it all away. But if it doesnt take away extra cash as punishment, you can now just consider multiing as the new loan shark with zero interest rates or limit.
Night_Ninja [1370681]

This is complete bullshit. Back in 2008 when I first found torn I made 250 million legally. I gave 50 million away and started a new account. I gave that account the 200 million with plans on using it since my first account was never trained one time.Dumb I know but I was new and figured that was the best way. Anyway the next day both of my accounts were up for deletion. I asked why I was losing both for a simple multi and a small 200 mil transfer. I was told because of the huge amount was consider a severe violation. End of discussion. Yet these dipshits get away with billions and billions. If staff can not be fair and and impartial get rid of them all and get some decent staff in here that will do the job properly. The cheaters are not at fault here. Ched and his staff are for allowing this bullshit to go on and on and on.
Night_Ninja [1370681]

This is complete bullshit. Back in 2008 when I first found torn I made 250 million legally. I gave 50 million away and started a new account. I gave that account the 200 million with plans on using it since my first account was never trained one time.Dumb I know but I was new and figured that was the best way. Anyway the next day both of my accounts were up for deletion. I asked why I was losing both for a simple multi and a small 200 mil transfer. I was told because of the huge amount was consider a severe violation. End of discussion. Yet these dipshits get away with billions and billions. If staff can not be fair and and impartial get rid of them all and get some decent staff in here that will do the job properly. The cheaters are not at fault here. Ched and his staff are for allowing this bullshit to go on and on and on.
Enigma [2025298]

And in all honesty, it really is the only fair system.

People do dumb shit sometimes, but that doesn't mean they're irredeemable. Felons change their ways, drug addicts get clean, and prostitutes get married and have babies. Maybe not often enough, but it does happen.

Herculus may decide that creating multis isn't beneficial, especially considering he lost every bit of profit attributed to illicit activities. A slap on the wrist was still a reminder that he's being watched, but he also lost a whole community's trust. Next time, he's likely gone for good.

No reason to stress so much. Go play the game and worry about the splinter in your own eye.