Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

SharpMid | How to control your Torn spouse

Started by SharpMid [1833276] on in General Discussion.

173 replies · 1.75k views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 174 / 174 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
174
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

T3ars [2062722] ×1

SharpMid [1833276]

Hello guys, SharpMid here!

An important part of Torn is marriage, you get tons of merits and even the opportunity of living in your partners house which often turns out to be a PI so there is tons of benefits of Torn marriage.

A problem with Torn is that you don't meet your spouse irl so there is not much love to be given other than using mails and the chat so how does Torn marriages even last? I have conducted an interview with one of the most known couple of Torn which is Lane and Tracy which we all know from global.

I was curious how they made their marriage last so long and if they plan to take it from Torn city to another city perhaps.. The interview was conducted under the supervision of the one and only wolf of Torn and he wanted to ask a question to poor Lane which sounded like this: "Lane you're keeping Tracy on a leash and I'm here to break that leash" to which Lane responded: "You can't have her, she is my bitch". This brings up some questions to how this marriage actually works. Is Lane actually the wifebeater like the rumors say?

I asked Lane and Tracy about this and it seems that they are planning to take their marriage to reallife even though they have never met or seen eachother in reallife. When interviewing Lane and Tracy I made some notes and that is that Lane often responds when Tracy gets asked questions and she rarely gets to voice her own oppinions.. This seemed strange to me so I asked Tracy if she is happy and how Lane treats her to which she responded with kind of a sad tone "Wherever Lane goes I go.. *sigh*". This just didn't sound right to me but since they have one of the logest lasting marriages of Torn we have to take some notes.

What can we learn out of this?
Well so if you keep your Torn spouse on a TIGHT leash and don't let him/her do whatever he/she wants and basically treat your spouse as a slave you will actually have a lasting Torn marriage. This is good to know for all of us new players out there that have trouble staying with the stronger members and keep your PI bonuses. Join the club and become a wifebeater!

Discussion topic:

What is your ways of keeping your Torn marriages to last?
Whats your longest lasting marriage on Torn?
Whats the best / worst thing your Torn spouse ever did to you?
Is the marriage example between Lane & Tracy ideal for Torn?

P.S. For you that want to get into Torn journalism do know that it is very hard and punishing work:

[image: media.discordapp.net]
2057528 [2057528]

13 days - my longest torn marriage

EDIT: I've had longer but they don't count; they were abusive husbands like lane
Evil-Duck [1182047]

As a neutral party here I am to confirm I oversaw the interview and it was conducted under a warm atmosphere. Interesting probing questions and I think it opened eyes to all involved.

Many thanks

Peace
Tyrion [1967379]

My only commitment from my Torn spouse is to be active as I feel it's my ingame partner as well.

Ninivah has been amazing up til now, despite our differences a while back.

We divorced once, or else we would be over 650 days now.

She's my second "wife" here, after my 1st one in my early days on Torn and I have no regrets.

Besides my faction and friends, she's the most important factor for me on Torn to keep logging in.

Only a matter of time now to reach our 2k days of marriage for the merits and beyond :)
Lonestar [1151936]

Got all marriage merits. How? Simple - she was a RL girlfriend who when we split stopped playing. Marriage to inactives are the best hahaha
manic [1554958]

"How to control your Torn spouse"

Sound's like a help guide from MMCP

My bad, That'd be 'spouseS'...
Lane [2032144]

lol the fact that you people spend so much time thinking about me and Tracy is amazing. Wolf of Torn staff edit - dont avoid the filter please .. that shit. Lane and Tracy is the hottest shit out here from what I can see. I love you all