Hello!
Eve Online is somewhat like Torn but in space and with actual graphic. Everything in game is ran and made by players. If you like Torn I'm sure you'll like EvE. So I was wondering if anyone here plays it already?
And if not, but you'd like to get started, let me know and I'll help ya with a little head start!
Yes, they are both games, and both have players... The resemblances are astonishing...
Except Torn is dying while EvE keeps its snumbers steady
I suppose you got buttgurt in EvE then.
Never played actually. Nor plan to for that matter even though i actually like the genre... As any MMORPG the community is crap from what i heard, and I've done my share of grinding elsewhere already.
I used to gank miners and innocent players
I play. Ganking miners and innocent is one of the few things I enjoy.
It sounds like you would fit right in actually. And there is no need to grind in Eve if you can play the market.
Awesome! Do you play for any alliance?
The Eve community does have a reputation for being, shall we say, on the less than hospitable side of things, but in my experience the opposite is the case. This is especially so since the success of Brave Newbies, Horde etc which were specifically catered to newer players.
It is grindy as hell, has long stretches where nothing happened (at least how i played it) and there is a fair amount of risk involved (when you lose a ship, it along with anything in it are gone for good), but some of the most intense and satisfying experiences I've had playing games have been playing Eve.
Ha Ha, I used to have a ganking alt as well :) I'm going to take a punt and guess that you follow the teachings of James 315
Hot chocolate. I'm pretty sure it's a small alliance.
I used to play. My time has been to limited lately.
I am in KarmaFleet. Part of Goonswarm Federation.
Never heard of them. You can still hit me up in game! John MidWolfie is the name.
Walking Target you've described it properly yea. Goons are quite nice too tho, you'd be surprised.
Also in Goons. Been thinking of joining Karma Fleet, but am flying with DMNA currently.
Don't have to sell me on it, i do like the game. Nowhere here have i said otherwise, comparing it with torn however is a bit odd. That and the guy pulling "facts" out of the ass...
I never gave it a go because i didn't really have time for a MMORPG in the last few years, and after 10+ years playing WoW, i'm tapped out of patience to do the grinding part that all MMORPG 's live off... When i do, i still have ESO in front of EVE to give it a shot. Meanwhile i play X3 instead, because i can just cheat the grinding part, and the AI is far more pleasant than most players.
I played Eve for about ten years. Finally gave up because the community was so terribly toxic.
No, you can't have my stuff, I gave it away already.
I played the 14 days trial few years ago when I was student but stopped because the monthly subscription was too expensive for me
It's f2p now :) you can fly most T1 ships and T1 items. Worth to get into :)