Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Good news...

Started by Hcom3 [2003693] on in General Discussion.

198 replies · 3k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 199 / 199 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Xanet [2007324]

Got me good.

As much as I dislike him I think I have to agree with Champion (dislike sharpmid not Champion). Although certainly should receive a punishment.
Champion [1927067]

I will say this.

First, Sharpmid is definitely not my friend nor someone I would want to defend. Yes, I have known him through the game for quite a while, and we have spoken, argued, sometimes agreed on things, sometimes haven't, but it doesn't influence one bit what I will say next as I would say this for any player of his age and statue in the game.

If this is the only thing he did, and this is his first offense (I do not see his history), then the punishment is completely absurd.

We're talking about a player, who gave 3+ years of his life to this game. His crime sucks, and it will hurt those that are left in the forums as it will fuel corruption and conspiracy theories about the trolls posting in the forums, but that can be avoided by making his case public, which you did. Name him, shame him, write a newsletter article about him. Take him off the chats, give him a forum ban to cool off and think what he's done, take away his cash, all that - absolutely, but a momentary lapse of reason or moment of bad judgement vs 3+ years of impeccable service to this game (again, assuming this is his first offense) and to get a deletion for it, is seriously, way, way, wayyyy wrong.

Yes, it will discourage people to do such things knowing they face harsh penalties, but how many good players will it also discourage to come forth and offer their help knowing that they face the same thing in case they do something wrong?

There are far worse crimes that affect a lot more people that are treated with much lesser penalties or no penalties at all (who said stock script), and yes, I know that veterans are treated differently, contrary to what people believe, much more harshly and we're expected to uphold a higher standard and even more is required of forum posters, I understand the reasoning behind this, I really do. But even with all the understanding I do not believe that the punishment fits the crime, it completely and absolutely absurd.

And yes, I do hope you reconsider his penalty and make it something appropriate.
Vernunzio [730674]

Absolutely correct. Also, classic bully move here by Collette, can dish it out but can't take it. When One takes joy in tricking someone into getting fedded, they need to step back, remember this is a game, and re-examine their priorities.
Collete [1389080]

Whens some real life harasses you and and your freinds maybe then you can comment then and trick who , he recorded alot of people without there permission after baiting them with insults . edited it and posted it in that thread as the second poster no tricking there , how can I trick him if hes second poster in Dudes thread .SMH