Factions will behave more along the lines of what the leadership requests as the game becomes potentially more brutal, want that 25k chain?
Then don't be having your own members picking fights with others frivolously as it can lead to sabotage.
Intelligent and strong leadership will be required for various factions.
Loyalty will be an important factor.
I can see some factions/players not liking it as. They will have to adapt to new strategies and the factions with a stronger belief in itself and greater teamwork will benefit / have more fun.
The factions that value loyalty, respect, intelligence, strategy, chaining discipline are likely in the long run to be more successful over factions that have the view of "hey we got a bunch of stats aren't we great".
In my opinion strong and intelligent leadership will become important.
If it were random sabotage then yes I would agree. But when a farming faction repeatedly tries to use your faction as filler then really they should expect something to come back at some point. It would be foolish / naive to not expect some kind of response.
Said faction made a decision to repeatedly target one of their old adversaries whilst farming. Chain yanking is effective and satisfying payback though would not have happened if the said faction had not kept poking.
there is no point in sabotaging someones chain its a bit of a waste of e, and frankly reasonably hard to do and annoying its a bit overly harsh and i dont really see a need for it untill proper warring comes out
if you really wanted to annoy someone, wait till their faction gets near a bonus
and wipe their enemies off the wall, ruins their bonus and is a bit of a secret laugh to yourself
I miss the "Cold War" aspect of dirty bombs. Dirty bombs gave even a medium-sized faction a means to hit back really hard should a big faction pick on them. A smaller faction's night shift being sat on by a big faction at chain-count 9,275 and losing their chain as a result... that smaller faction needs a recourse option.
Regardless of the reason, its just too much collateral damage. Lets say for instance, that I hate Mujera (one of the leads at JFC 2.0) because she wont stop sending me nudes, and decide to break a 2.0 chain to teach her a lesson. Well, thats 90 something people that have juggled their schedules, bypassed time with their spouses and children, and spent hours parked at their computers that I'm going to be shitting on. Yeah, yeah...I know .."its just a game" BUT...the juggling, neglecting and oozing bed sores from sitting in the same chair (I cant be the only one, am i?) are real, and I gotta sleep at night, so I just cant do it. That shit is too mean...even for Mean Mike :-)