Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Sabotaging Big Chains

Started by Krastinov [1542326] on in Faction Discussion.

77 replies · 2.23k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 78 / 78 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

decomposer [1331516]

You don't need to add more penalty since the DB itself is horrible enough for the long chain. Since you can't add new members for the ongoing chain in this current system, the victim faction must make a lot of efforts to keep the chain going.

All the effects (for eg. the huge reduction of stats by radiation, the med cool down coz of neumone tablets, bullying from enemy factions, etc....) are big threats to the chain.
DREADED [1889980]

Pleased to hear that and I will say S-N have found this an excellent experience as well. We literally only filled the membership a week ago and at least 80% of our players have never experienced anything outside of our own uncontested baby chains. It's got them excited and engaged with the faction and unfolding situation, they're learning how territory war works.

There has certainly been some spicy chat on both sides and as far as I'm concerned, this is indeed part of the game and makes everything more interesting. There have been a few of your members who have veered beyond what I would call game related shit-talking and into the personal which I don't feel reflects well on Warbirds. It's mostly (although not exclusively) confined to those who have their first few 100m stats and possibly get a bit over-excited at being able to participate in some meaningful way for the first time.

As per our tactics/strategy, we were a little pissed that you interrupted a training comp we were running and not that we can always expect a heads up for every war but it'd maybe be at least courteous to pre-warn a faction you intend to farm them. In the early stages of your attack there were very mixed messages about whether you actually intended to claim the territory. So we took the decision to look after our own interests first and defend it as best we could bearing in mind we had no leadership or any of our few bigger hitters online. It's apparent that the 1m bounties wound up some of your players but as you acknowledge, this is just us employing the methods available. Apparently your membership was told it'd be a friendly rollover and got a bit of a shock, if I were to give any advice it would be for your leadership to check this will be the case with us first rather than making the assumption that significantly lower ranked factions will give you a walk. It reeked of entitlement and caused us to dig our heels in a bit. You're undoubtedly a stronger faction than us at the moment but rank #30 v rank #75 isn't quite as big a gap as some of your members seem to think it is.

Anyway, thumbs up, glad you've enjoyed it and we'll see you in about a year..... ;-)
four [254727]

That's rich coming from a guy who helped his leaders (including udont) intentially try to break the chain of a bunch of noobs who werent involved later in the day. You could shuffle around the leaders all you want, Thrie was still a representative of WarBirds at the time.
dr4gon [1626180]

You mean after you guys had broken our chain? And if you think that the noobs were not involved then you probably don't even remember what happened.

Anyhow, I am done with whatever had happened back then and if you really want to discuss then my PM is always open but please try not to spin it as something JFB/Warbirds deserved.
four [254727]

2.0 didn't mess up your chain. The average stats of a 2.0 member is 4m - if you are saying a bunch of players with 4m stats ruined your chain, then WarBirds aren't the faction I thought they were.



I wasn't saying who deserved what, I am saying that udont calling it a dick move and you trying to sound above chain sabotaging is a load of shit because you did it to a team who can't fight back and didn't ruin your chain.
dr4gon [1626180]

Nah, they didn't attack and yet I wouldn't call them unrelated. Your memory is failing you and I am done..

Edit for your edit: I agree its a valid strategy, just disagreed with the assessment that we deserved it..
Scuba [512975]

I think the system is conceptually solid but a few things need to change (I think). I think that hit bonuses can and should be applied via a strategy/target change.

eg. If you're hitting a willing faction attempting to stack bonuses for respect, you should be able to go after a faction attempting to foil it by hitting them for bonus respect as a sort of "ultra retaliation" bonus that happens after they hospitalize your members say, 25+ times.

Obviously this is still open to abuse but might make people work harder to get even better bonuses, and might make others think twice before screwing with people performing big chains. As mentioned in previous posts, it's too easy to mess with a factions chain simply to do so.
dr4gon [1626180]

So, Thrie attacked 15 offline people in JFA 2.0 and no he didn't sit on any of them (or hosp them non stop). There was no participation from rest of the faction and he was already preparing to leave Warbirds.. (he left within a week of this incident).

You guys made assumptions and backed them with "might makes right". There was nothing sinister about it from JFB/Warbirds but you wanted to prove some point and kudos you did it.

Looking at the past relationships that existed between a number of players across our factions, I don't think that your actions were correct but I have never seen anyone changing their opinions based on counter arguments they read on the forum.. so here is to hoping that this is the first time.
Kata [1990396]

I think that's kind of the point.

I think this is why Torn has been boring for a lot of people. A serious lack of butthurt.

Look at PP and how much shit that stirred. Why are people still talking about it? Because asses are still sore on both sides of the issue.

Breaking chains, DBs, chaining in other factions - conflict - is what keeps the game interesting.

If there weren't ways for sucky things to happen, the game would be boring af and we'd all be stuck reading shit posts 365 days a year with nothing but maybe some complaints about Christmas Town to break up the monotony.

Yeah, it sucks when you're on the receiving end.... but they're necessary evils.

Kind of how I felt about Trish - I didn't like her when she was around, but she definitely kept things interesting.

#RIPTrish #Dickening2017 #NeverForget
Tyrech [2091318]

Hey guys, I'm still a Torn Toddler. I've seen a lot of talk about PP recently but I have no clue what its about. Can anyone send me a link to a past forum thread where I can learn about it or just summarize the incident, please. PM is fine too
Hcom3 [2003693]

PP is referring to the last elimination. (2017) There was a way that a faction could all be on the same team. By changing their gender to female they could all be on pink power. But some thought it was an exploit. So what ched did is got duke. And made him attack all the fake females. Non stop.

There is a lot that im missing. But. Thats the basics of it.
BraveKath [1815519]

Have you chained through a DB drop? If not, LOL you really don't need further handicap. a) you have to have enough neumune on hand to get out of the hospital (expensive); b) if you happened to have enough at least for yourself -- do you have E and enough to hold it? c) how many are actually online? d) combat the negative attitudes of some that will always say all is lost; e) rally and give folks hope to overcome

:)