147 replies · 1.44k views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:148 / 148 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
148
Discussion span
→
Authority score
68 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
sharkeyfive[1151690]
· 18 likes · tut tut lol just because I have placed one or two bounties in my time dont mean I place all the bounties in Torn
Baldr[1847600]Reporter
· 16 likes · Once, I trusted the wrong person, and loaned them a PI. The plan was that they would own it for a minute or so, then send it back, and that would let them get a couple of merit points. They …
JussiJernkuuk[1874922]
· 12 likes · It's allowed, whether it's 'ok' or not doesn't matter much. They're getting under your skin anyway.
Now i have had an issue since' i found "Mr X", I'm sure i'm not alone. He has sworn to "Make me quit the game"...not gonna happen...
I put up with over 1,000 bounties, from him... Constant harassment and being constantly advertised as an "easy target", I'm tough, stubborn and patient :) luckily. Now i accept the treatment i have gotten, very happy to waste his time and resources as there are many here who clearly don't deserve/want to suffer the same treatment.
However, all that being said, he has now taken it upon himself to Threaten,Bounty and Hospitalise my "wife", faction members and friends.. I also believe he is pulling strings to get others to help him do so....
And so i have decided to pose this question to the WORLD OF TORN!!
Is it Ok to Bully and Threaten "Innocents" around personal targets in order to satisfy ones own needs?
DISCUSSION POINT -- Bullying stories (both giving and taking)
-- Tactics to avoid Bullies
I accept bullying/harassment is part of the game, But surely things can be taken , too far :)
Please let me know if i have missed any obvious answers on the poll X
"Under skin" is what i did to him, quite on purpose. I just wish to minimalise the issue it causes to those i associate with. I have kept quiet and have kept my friends out of the matter, He has decided to drag them into it x
It is my belief that if somebody 3 times your level victimises you in a bid to get you to "quit the game" they are breaking the rules of play and should have their accounts deleted and IP addy perma-banned. Possibly even all of their assets deposited to your account as compensation.
I've seen a lot of "I'm being bullied" threads. I can't think of any examples where the bullying stopped due to the thread. Usually, it just encourages them.
I think that most people get bullied at some point, usually it doesn't last long. Of course, usually the person who gets bullied is smart enough not to instigate more. "Under skin" is what i did to him, quite on purpose sure sounds like you're asking for it. And apparently you've been placing your own bounties, too.
Once, I trusted the wrong person, and loaned them a PI. The plan was that they would own it for a minute or so, then send it back, and that would let them get a couple of merit points. They kept the PI, blocked me, and I was out around $1.8B. Me and faction mates bountied him constantly until his account was in fed. My guess is he finally realized it would never end and self fedded.
So you can tell me all you want that I was breaking the rules by placing those bounties for months, and I'm just going to tell you to f off. I didn't start that war. I was helping a guy out, and he screwed me. If he wasn't bright enough to realize there would be consequences, then that's not my fault either.
I voted too far deserves response because i genuinely believe there have been cases like that. That said, you make no bones about asking for it so if it affects those around you, that doesnt make the other person a bully, it just makes you toxic
I didn't like what he was saying to upset some clearly lovely people i met. So yes, i did ask for it :)
The purpose of this post is not to try to get any alleviation for myself, I like the hospital food.
It is more self serving, in terms of entertainment, A "polite" f-you so to speak. Regardless of what he chooses to do, i will always be happy knowing that i have won. Because i do not have to "struggle" in order to attempt to impose my will on others. He has been supplying his own enemy list for a while now, as well as my friends list :p He has been priceless in terms of hardening and training my faction members , I am actually grateful..... buuuuut he clearly tries far too hard to "torment" people, and seemed to be going after those that responded badly to being bullied. It is my belief that he takes pleasure in causing psychological harm to others. I really do not like people like that. Now i may be wrong, but if i am wrong, we just have a game feud,... no harm... if i am not wrong, then this post and the clearly intuitive responses will serve to make him feel small, Or he will just continue to play the game, without feeling as weak as i believe him to be... because i was wrong and he is just playing already :)
DOWN WITH PSYCHOLOGICAL ABUSE!!!! BOOOO TO SECOND RATE TACTICS!!!
Missed out a lot of information here, the flaming in my chat box, the initial bounties he placed on me after flaming me. Then his friend who hed paid to attack me a few times, he gave in after forty or so bounties were on his head.
In regards to the mug, it was a negligible amount.
Rick, the issue here is that youre a prick. Nothing else. Your attitude towards others doesnt help your case.
Though what has made me chuckle is that you claim bounties dont bother you, yet youve popped up to me several times enquiring as to when theyre going to stop, (untill, that is I removed your ability to chat with me) a thread in end forums whinging about bounties say otherwise.