Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Crime experience decrease

Started by Pliny [2102225] on in Questions & Answers.

16 replies · 213 views · thread synced · 15 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
Pliny [2102225]

Hi,

Just an observation here, rather than a concern. My NNB increased to 20 after stealing a number of jackets. After reading a few guides I though I would try the thorough robbery. Well I ended up in hospital but I have read this does not decrease crime xp as opposed to going to jail. I check my nerve and it was still at 20.

Fast forward an hour, I decide to pickpocket the businessman and succeed twice. I check my nerve and it back to 15!

What could have caused this drop in XP? Did I lose it from being hospitilised and it was only updated at a later point in time?

Update: Approximately 20mins and two stolen jackets later my NNB is again at 20. It appears there was a slight drop in crime xp, but from what?
Pliny [2102225]

I considered this but thought I would ask in case someone more experienced than me knows that this is just a result of the game mechanics.
Tilted [1694357]

Ive heard hosp doesss decrease crime xp but alot less than a jail

Others say it dosnt decrease at all im assuming all fails decrease cxp
Pliny [2102225]

I am now under the impression it causes a slight loss in crime xp. Remembering that I as soon as my nerve bar hit 20 I failed the thorough robbery, and it took only 2 pickpockets and two stolen jackets to make up the xp, it must be a very small amount lost.


JustJanet [911066]

12 hours ago meaning before your nerve bar increased to 20?

hmm... I believe it is possible to lose a bit of CE from every fail, but when the result is a visit to the hospital, it is almost insignificant, unless you just barely are over the tipping point to the next nerve level... I would suggest that you stick with Jackets for a few more days at least. Just steal jackets only until you have a nice collection of them.. like at least a few hundred.

Think of the your nerve bar as a tug of war field and the flag as the indicator to how well you are tugging. When you first get to 20 you just barely have gotten the flag over the line... any loss of experience, even an insignificant one, could make it slip back over the line to the 15 range. You want to get it firmly and deeply over the 20 line by getting a lot of successes, before moving on to the next crime type. That way a few fails won't make you lose your nerve bar rating. When you do fail, always go back and do 5 - 10 of what you were doing when you raised your nerve bar to the next level. Also remember that there are some crimes that will take away a big chunk of crime experience at once. If you try robbing from the pawn shop or the jeweler and fail. it is like you slipped face first into the mud pit of the tug of war field, but instead of the flag moving a tiny bit into the 15 level, it slipped to just over the 10 mark, and now you have to remake all the experience back in order to get to 20. Good luck!
Pliny [2102225]

Yes sorry, effectively 12 hours before my nerve increased.

The loss did appear very insignificant. It is curious how the decrease was apparent an hour after the crime failed, and happened to occur after two successful crimes.

Thank you for your advice.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

I don't think you'll get a definitive answer, some things about ce are still unknown. There is anecdotal evidence that hospital reds decrease your ce, but also a huge amount of crimes done and documented that make it perfectly clrear that you don't need to worry about hospital reds. The amount of ce you lose is either very small or non-existent, in pratise it doesn't matter which one it is.
TornFalcon [2042205]

Sadly enough you are probably right. "Anecdotal" being the operative word here. So far it seems like you've said though. That there's "proof" but also shows that it doesn't matter too terribly bad. At least not enough to shut down your CE.
TornFalcon [2042205]

Actually, i hadn't thought about that. You make a good point there. I was thinking if hospital visits did reduce CE by a fraction of an amount would that come into effect say, when you crash a car at the race track or only in relation to actual crimes and possibly faction crimes? With OP's slight drop in CE, it still would be nice to reach an answer, so I'm still hoping our first couple posts don't prove right. haha