Not sure I totally follow this. We already have a difficulty level that increases over time depending on success rate - it also decreases if you have a high failure rate. It tunes itself to what it feels is possible for you.
Also I like the agent rating system and how increasing it determines the difficulty and reward. I don't personally see a point of being able to select a difficulty level - to me it'd totally change the way the missions system feels / plays out if you had that option. It's also totally mission specific, so you'd want some missions to be 'Expert' for maximum rewards and some as 'Very easy' for quick / simple targets. Or are you suggesting you can choose the difficulty after it is spawned, which I think would just be weird.
CloudJumper[1636201]Staff · #62
This is basically for those who do not want to spend tons of energy doing Expert mission but want some light content and hence would want Easy missions only.. So that they don't have to spend more energy and time on it and still be earning mission credits (even though it is lower than expert).
As of now, if you have unlocked Expert mission, you will be spawned with random difficulty (leaning more towards the expert side). This does not allow the user to choose if he just wants the easier mission.
No I am suggesting there should be a option to select the difficulty you want. Could be done in the form of a Drag Down Option Menu. Rather than like a straight storymode as they are now.
Like for me for example, mission are around hard to very hard currently. I want to pick Medium difficulty so I only get Meduim difficulty mission.
"it also decreases if you have a high failure rate" if people keep failing mission, they won't do them. If people can set their own difficulty, then they are more likely to do them.
"I don't personally see a point of being able to select a difficulty level - to me it'd totally change the way the missions system feels / plays out if you had that option. It's also totally mission specific, so you'd want some missions to be 'Expert' for maximum rewards and some as 'Very easy' for quick / simple targets." Yeah, but in other games mission are one off. In torn, there is a feel of repetition about them. So why not have a choice.
Earlier in post I said you can do it, in a form of Drag Down Option Menu. It will start off as it now, Which could be called the "Story Mode". Once you unlocked for example" Easy" Difficulty. You can select "Easy" Difficulty. All missions will be easy with the low mission points but you won't progress in story. So to get "Medium" Difficulty as a option you will need to choose "Story Mode" and make progress on it until you unlock "Medium" Difficulty.
Yes, it different but this way more people will be looking forwards towards doing missions.