Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Old players returning

Started by edawesome [986250] on in General Discussion.

15 replies · 401 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

edawesome [986250]

When a old player returns to the game from few years of absence to find out hes in 500-650 million debt. AKA Me. I could have owed the loan shark something but it wasn't close to half a billion. I find this game very fun and interesting but kind of hard to get back into when every second i log in I'm hospitalized. Duke is watching me with a magnifying glass... I'm pretty sure the system was created this way to make sure the debt is paid but come on paying a debt that gathered while i was inactive seems like a broken system that should be looked at. For me and anyone who encounters this in the future. Contacted a staff member only options pay the debt or delete my account? lol i guess things have changed in torn... Yes most of you will be pay the debt but yeah how? Any one have any ideas or opinions go for it good or bad let me know.

Thanks
Kayla [2031661]

That amount of debt isn't completely unmanageable, and you don't seem to have a negative net worth, so you'll probably be fine. Play the game, make money where you can, and make sure every dollar you make goes towards paying Duke's fees. Once he's not mugging every dollar you get, it will become much easier to chip away at the debt you owe.
A_Mean_Person [1631303]

Sell your PI for starters and go live with your wife (and share rent), get a decent paying job, flower run, sell your e sluting for someone...

Your net worth is still positive so it can't be that bad... You are supposed to still have enough assets to liquidate your current debt.
jellenight [1999817]

if you had the basic stocks that should more than cover it, and there is plenty of god mug targets out there (20 mil a day should be easy to get, when you find some targets) won't take you long to recover.
Robbo [1826175]

That's no ones fault but your own, nothing to do with a broken system. You left the game with outgoings on your account and no way to cover them so the debt was transferred to the resident debt collector, Duke.

Just be thankful you're not in the old system and all that debt would be negative on hand cash making it impossible to flower run or rehab or buy things.
edawesome [986250]

It's still negative. I did log in a when I had a red negative and tried to sell some of my items but wasn't able to make a difference. They just placed things in different areas of the game. Sell my private island first I need to pay off what I owe which is still about 200 mil. I have no problem buying dp's but no I will not waste $100 just to pay the Duke back. What I'm trying to see if there's a middle agreement I can reach make me pay what I actually owe when I was active. This game unfortunately is a business which people are in charge of but how many players decide to come back and have to deal with this amount of money owed and just never come back. Pretty sure you have better chances keeping old players who loved playing the game than new players trying to get into it in the first place. But I do see all the idea some have gave and I appreciate it even if the debt isn't some how altered I will figure something out to try to pay it off.

Thanks
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

I agree the system for hitting people with interest when they are not here then when they return it smacks them is not much of an incentive to return.

Hope it works out preferably with some intervention.

Who knows maybe mail duke a letter telling him your plight and offer to work for him on some contracts it may work, just be none offensive in your wording.
Kayla [2031661]

I agree, returning to the game with seemingly insurmountable debt isn't the best way to encourage old players to stick around. Thankfully you're in a better position than a lot of players who come back with massive debt and don't have anything already on their account they could use to pay it off, like you do with your private island. Good luck!
Hopslam [795412]

How does debt accrue when gone anyway?

Is it just Duke debt and Property upkeep? anything else?

if it is those 2 things, the game process is probably set up for those to continue to accrue debt as more of a multi deterrent. And comes with the unfortunate consequence to non-multis who leave their account and then return later.


edawesome [986250]

Yes totally makes sense and I'm assuming that it maxed out at 240 mil and then it has been adding interest ever since so 500 mil is what i owe him. Like okay fine my fault for leaving the game but give me some props for coming back ill pay half of what i owe no issue at least i know torn will help in some sort of way and also its not like im asking for my private island fee to be removed i bought it and should owe it. But duke he's just outta control