This is a North Wales band....one of my top 10 favorites also....they just pure rock out. So much more I could say but this concert at UCLA was one of the best concerts EVER...so energI zed and just pure rock n roll.
Bono from U2 once said U2 would not have had their success without The Alarms influence.
This is the whole concert....anD although EVERY song is great....by song 3..."Knife Edge"......guaranteed most of you will be "hooked" ;)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Taq1pnJvT7s
I liked The Alarm back in the day... though The Clash was better, imho.
Not sure why U2 would credit The Alarm since they pre date The Alarm by 5 or 6 years.
I kind of liked the Clash....have some of their music.
They def inantly had some hits....but some huge misses too...The Alarm "hit" every song perfect...whether live or Studio.
This is the song Bono said The Alarm changed U2 forever.
The official Alarm release of "Spirit of 76"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iylGrePc0TcSadly...Alarm lead singer Mike Peters is going through his 3rd bought with cancer now...his wife also being ravaged by breast cancer at same time...and one of their mothers recently died of breast cancer.
I hope Bono uses influence to get them R and R Hall of Famed while Mike still lives.
Good song... Blaze of Glory is my favorite.
Every song on London Calling by The Clash is great... and Sandinista is a brilliant album that never got it's due, imho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcHL8efKKPESorry to hear about Mr. Peters, but we are at that age now that we have death breathing down our necks.
So it goes.
Yes we are at that age....takes a lil' pain and growth then just keep movin' on I guess.
Will click and listen to your link soon....interested...just busy ATM
Yeah "Blaze of Glory" The Alarm is a great song.
Never heard that Clash "Sandonista " triple album...and really liked that song you posted...listened 2 times.
Probably my age ....but I simply love "CD's: vs downloading....the feel of the CD in my hand and reading liner notes....I enjoy that so going to look for the earliest CD version of Sandonista that I can find.
Here's 2 links of U2 and the Alarm...one together...one a U2 tribute to the Alarm...both awesome ;)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWQXuB5vIJM https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AfugCvXjyFw
U2 live at the Red Rocks... one of my favorite recordings... and how can you go wrong covering Dylan?
This was my favorite song on that album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq6jgy76Q3gWell worth your effort finding Sandinista, and it will probably be up your ally with regards to its... politics :-) Nothing like a little Reagan era bashing to get the old nostalgia juices flowing again, lol.
Anyway, hope you find it and like it... some of the songs are filler, but there are lots of good ones.
Thank you.
I actually loved Reagan...not all his policies..but most.
I was in my 20's then...and yes my President ..but also kind of a father figure too.
Also loved Maggie Thatcher. .one " feisty" woman for sure ;)
Dude... why can't you stop?
Jimmy Savile was a bad dude. We all get it. Thatcher met all kinds of people in her life. That doesn't make her a bad person. If you thought her politics sucked or that she did evil shit in the name of conservatism that is fine, but to try to draw some kind of inferred guilt because she happened to do a meet and greet with Savile back before it was widely known that he was a creeper pedophile is kind of dumb.
Do you have an opinion about The Alarm? I mean I think from seeing some of your past posts they were a band you might have at least heard of, so what did you think of them?
I get that you are obviously passionate about letting others know how you feel about creepers and such, but not every thread needs to have your semi-veiled and esoteric protest about the worlds evil backroom and public pedophiles and creepers in it. It gets... old tbh.
Dude why are you that blind to whats occuring here..How many ****ing Dots do people need..Oh i forget,they dont pick up or connect dots..they wait for the TV fax machine to print out what they should be worrying about.HE brought up Maggie and the Film Star Reagen LOL
Your ****ing eyes dont even work..guys trying tell me shit.
Comedians Knew..MI5 MI6 and the rest didnt..said the moron
The dots are called ellipsis, and they are quite useful when trying to eliminate the superfluous.
I am not blind to anything. This thread has ****ing zero to do with your personal crusade against pedocreepers and the evil backroom cabal that runs the world.
It was about The Alarm. A band from the 1980's. End of it. Period. Full stop.
What do you think of The Alarm????
Well excuse me all over the god dam place lol.
Your right,why did he crowbar maggie milk snatcher into this...why did i come back with a post about her vile friends.
If only you could work it out yourself.
Nar...i dont really rate em,Happy?
Again whatever your reasoning is it isn't germane to the topic.
I am not trying to be a dick to you. Really. I am just pointing out that your posts are not nearly as clever as you would like to believe they are, which is fine... because if you are having fun... great, but I, as one of the readers of these forums am here to tell you that your posts are losing whatever shock value and entertainment value they once may have had, and they are becoming quite predictable and boring, thus your message is being lost. Take that for what it is worth.
And yes, I am happy with your response. The Alarm was a good band. Not in my top ten from back in the day, however.
I agree,they arent for parrots.
Its worth nothing,zero.
As are most of your posts at this point... worth zero that is, so I guess we are even.
Want to keep going with this?
How did you rate The Clash, REM, The Jam, The Cure, Dead Kennedys, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Scraping Fetus off the Wheel, The Fall, X, Elvis Costello...
?
We are..We both are pretty much meaningless on a meaningless games forum..so ill do what i want eh.
-------------------------------------------------------------
You look the picture of contented new wealth
But from the on-looking fool who believed your lies
I wish this grave would open up and swallow me alive
For the bitterest pill is hard to swallow
The love I gave hangs in sad colored, mocking shadows
When the wheel of fortune broke, you fell to me
Out of grey skies to change my misery
The vacant spot; your beating heart took its place
But now I watch smoke leave my lips and fill an empty room
For the bitterest pill is hard to swallow
The love I gave hangs in sad colored, mocking shadows
The bitterest pill is mine to take
If I took it for a hundred years, I couldn't feel any more hate
Still posting this pointless crap in random threads?
Strange you don't mention Cyril Smith and all the kids he messed with...
You really are a sad case... [:sick:]
Its a strange world i live in,i see politicians always doing stuff for the kids ,they need that and this needs installing in their brains..like they care.But then the world i live makes out that these evil people who do this to kids are the worst of the worst,its very conflicting to me.If these are the worst crimes society says you can do and the people in very high places,such as child protection expert
www.bbc.com/news/uk-28793654 lots a top of Government,the claims of Ted Heath who was PM would of at least been questioned if alive with allegations its a problem.It could be you just dont care as you dont worry about this needless stuff but you posted about that Russian story so it seems that troubles you.
Is it its history and all this doesnt happen now,we can trust the security services who missed all of this..these are new times,and besides the TV would tell me if this was a worry..LGBT rights are where its at atm with you if i remember.
Would any of what i post worry you..ever,does it just happen.I cant figure you out either.
Anyway The Jam 'Thats Entertainment.
Jam
And just for a change, this has **** all to do with this thread or this forum...
Piss off back to the Politics forum with this shit. Although you get you arse handed back to you there as people posting there know how to discuss your crap... [:sick:]