Alright so you should know what dark mode is, I like dark mode and use it for everything and would like it on here to.
Dark Mode
Started by Chubbywolf [2110898] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 15
- Authority score
- 27 / 100
- Historical score
- 26 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
Alright so you should know what dark mode is, I like dark mode and use it for everything and would like it on here to.
No idea what dark mode is. Please enlighten me because I'm in the dark. I'm also afraid of the dark. Need a night light. And a blanket.
Best example is it basically turns anything white black and turns text white. Usually found in settings. Examples can be found on Twitch [web browser] , YouTube [web browser] , and Twitter [web browser/ mobile].
apparently there is a script for this
I couldn't get it to work for me though :/
Torn really does need a dark mode. I know there was some talk about it before, but nothing ever came of it.
This is suggested pretty often. I remember Chedburn shooting the idea down once, but I can't seem to find his response from a quick search.
I'm still very much in favor of the suggestion, however.
A few previous times this was suggested: 1 2 3 4 5
Mentions: Dark Mode · Dark Mode · Dark theme · Dark Torn Option in Settings:: Easier on Eyes · Night mode
I mean some people don't like white backgrounds. They are bright and use more battery, they also hurt your eyes when you just wake up.
The script I use changes the background to any image URL, I've played around with it and having a background that's not made for torn makes it look disgusting.
I can't remember where I got it from but using Tampermonkey it changes it to the jail background which i find easier to look at.
https://pastebin.com/dN7hwEpn
Changing the URL to any image URL seems to work as well, but as I said, it'll look weird.
EDIT: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=15938221 Found it
At this point they should just add dark mode
They should add a colourblind mode as well but they wont.
That i don't think we need as much, as everything is black and white for the most part. Could use some color