Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

InvalidAlgorithmParameterException (trustAnchors)

Started by Harry_Brown [1470023] on in Bugs & Issues.

67 replies · 627 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
68
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
48 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Harry_Brown [1470023]

I have spoken to many people in my faction who are using the city watch app on windows, and they don't seem to have a problem. Maybe it is just mac users?
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

This is almost certainly due to the java version installed. We're not doing anything custom there. Please uninstall java (perhaps there's an old version remaining somewhere), then install the latest version.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

That's an old version of Java you've got. I think you've got two versions of Java installed and you need to remove the old one.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

You installed the latest version of Java SE 6?

How about this, uninstall all versions of Java. Then re-download and install citywatch (it should install the correct version of java for you).
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

The message that you need to install "legacy Java SE 6 runtime"? And installing legacy Java SE 6 runtime doesn't fix it? Seems this is no longer a CityWatch issue but something else.
Harry_Brown [1470023]

Yeah that message, and I tried installing legacy Java SE 6, city way opens but when I click log on, it comes up with the error message that I was originally getting. It seems it may be something to do with the High Sierra update as I think the issue arose when I updated.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

The original message is almost certainly still to do with the java version you're using. Have you uninstalled ALL java versions, re-downloaded & re-installed citywatch? Citywatch I believe comes with the correct version of Java (installs it for you), or gives instructions to get the correct one.
Harry_Brown [1470023]

Okay, so I have uninstalled ALL versions of Java, I cannot see any thing to do with Java in system preferences or in /library which is where the Java 6 is usually found. When I tried to re-install Citywatch it did not install Java and when I try to open it up, it gives me the same message telling me I need Java SE 6.