67 replies · 627 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
68
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
48 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
GrumpaDirt[1257609]
· 2 likes · I am having these exact same problems in the same time frames. Most recently the new one where its always yellow and only randomly green and working. The not taking me directly into game from the Play button affected me …
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 1 likes · I've contacted the citywatch developer so should have an update soon.
I am using a Mac computer with the Sierra OS. I've tried reinstalling it and Java. Can't really try it on another device due to only owning one computer
I have spoken to many people in my faction who are using the city watch app on windows, and they don't seem to have a problem. Maybe it is just mac users?
This is almost certainly due to the java version installed. We're not doing anything custom there. Please uninstall java (perhaps there's an old version remaining somewhere), then install the latest version.
I have just uninstalled the old 1.6.0_65 from my Mac and left the newest version on there. Now it will not let me open the torn city watch application altogether and I get this message,
The message that you need to install "legacy Java SE 6 runtime"? And installing legacy Java SE 6 runtime doesn't fix it? Seems this is no longer a CityWatch issue but something else.
Yeah that message, and I tried installing legacy Java SE 6, city way opens but when I click log on, it comes up with the error message that I was originally getting. It seems it may be something to do with the High Sierra update as I think the issue arose when I updated.
The original message is almost certainly still to do with the java version you're using. Have you uninstalled ALL java versions, re-downloaded & re-installed citywatch? Citywatch I believe comes with the correct version of Java (installs it for you), or gives instructions to get the correct one.
Okay, so I have uninstalled ALL versions of Java, I cannot see any thing to do with Java in system preferences or in /library which is where the Java 6 is usually found. When I tried to re-install Citywatch it did not install Java and when I try to open it up, it gives me the same message telling me I need Java SE 6.