56 replies · 1.18k views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:57 / 57 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
57
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
four[254727]
· 20 likes · GD isn't a diary. Good luck to you and your wife
Penicillin[1517799]Committee
· 3 likes · Jaysis, you want to spend every possible second with your wife? You will smother her, then next thing you know, she will be banging your half brother Daryll. Then you will decide if you cant have her, no one else …
After a few days away from Torn to sort out family issues, it's become abundantly clear that I need to really put some work into my relationship with my wife. I'm not quitting the game, but I don't have the time or energy to be able to commit to chaining, trading, etc...
With a change in activity, I figured I'd go ahead and change my name also. Born in the mountains of NC, and eventually settled back here, so the name Hillbilly suits me well.
I created a thread just to let everyone know if someone picks up the name Trader, it isn't me. Protect yourself when trading, as you would with any person who you don't know.
For those wondering...my wife and I are fine. We spent a few much-needed days out in the woods camping, and spent a ridiculously long amount of time just talking. Long story short, I came to realize that she needs more of me while I'm still here. And if I died a week from now, or 30 years from now...the one thing I'd regret most is not spending every possible second with her.
So I'm fixing that, starting now. Goodbye to Trader, the always-online nice guy trying to make a buck, and hello to Hillbilly... just a lucky redneck with a wife he adores, and too little time for anything that isn't her.
Much love to all my friends, and try to remember to be more attentive to the people who love you. Otherwise, they won't love you long...
Beautifully written. I have been on and off Torn for many years (yes, this is a different account than what I began with and never could remember my old e-mail and pw). I never got to know you but I'm sure you are a good guy. Take care of that wife of yours. Family is way more important than games.
I have to say I'll miss your constant presence and all the chatting, but obviously many things (including your wife) are much more important than Torn.
Seriously though, take care of you and your own. Worry about catching up to Bodybagger when you're happy in life. Then you can share the redneck secrets of moonshine with us all =)