Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Nash's Guide to Nerve Bar (Revived)

Started by Alexstrasza [1825532] on in Graveyard.

427 replies · 146k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 428 / 428 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

jjinn [2042332]

I've been doing drug crimes and I noticed a few weeks ago that a failure took me from 40NNB to 35NNB. So I decided to try to replicate Nash's work, I guess in the spirit of science? My efforts had the advantage of taking less time (because fewer successes would take me from 35-->40 than took Nash from 55-->60), but the disadvantage of providing less precision (since how "far above" the 40NNB line I was when the failed a drug crime would have a larger proportionate impact on the number of required successes to get back to 40NNB, than the equivalent scenario for 60NNB).

The results were broadly quite consistent with Nash, other than GTA, which seemed to provide a bit less CE than he found: ~2/5 Arson CE vs. the ~5/9 he found, which meant I required about ~40% more successful GTAs than predicted to regain 40NNB. There was enough variability in my tests that the result is likely just randomness.

Here are my full results:
Baseline: Arson tested twice, took 23 and 25 successes to regain 40NNB = 24 Arson baseline (equivalent of Nash's 150 baseline)
Theft: Nash prediction is 216 successes (24 x 9), my test shows 212 thefts
Mob Boss: 36 predicted, my test shows 38
Virus: 48 predicted, my tests show 51 on average over 3 runs (36, 53, and 64)
GTA: 43 predicted, my tests show 60 average over 4 runs (39, 56, 71, and 75)
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Did you also record the OCs? PR and RMT would skew the numbers a bit if you have an oc for one run and not for the other. 
jjinn [2042332]

Yeah, thanks to Falcon, udontwanna, & others in my faction who let me off of them while was doing this. So no OCs in those runs.
Alexstrasza [1825532]

That is friggen' great testing jjinn! Nice work!

Interesting on the GTA's - I've only done one of those runs, so I'll do another one of those soon.

I'm currently testing the amount of CE loss for failing a hacking crime, so still have a couple more run throughs to do of that, and then I'll test the GTA again.
Lobon [920865]

did you consider jail escapes could contribute a little bit higher CE than busting? or have thought about that while making this guide?
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

R+ that OC information is really good, am astonished the gains are as high as that! Fair play on figuring that out
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

One self bust equals about 2.5 Arsons worth of CE if I recall correctly from my own testing (comparing my track record of 55-60 to the amount of arsons needed). So they're not quite worth it on large nerve bars, as you'll be using more nerve to do the selfbust than the 2-3 arsons to compensate.
byrod [1132772]

I have recorded my journey between 55 NNB and 60 NNB:
 2017-12-042018-05-18Difference
Selling illegal products500050000
Theft125311256130
Auto theft10001200200
Drug deals102510261
Computer crimes50005311311
Murder3023119
Fraud crimes5301100004699
Other505550550
Total crimes35214404645250
Busts739926
Failed busts20211
Times jailed2392401
Took me a while, but I finally got there!

Kind regards,

Byrod

Edit: Table formatting; added times jailed (it is the one from the failed bust).
ManuWinters [784168]

My question is, obviously in torn at least I am blind, I can not see the CE counter right? but is anyway to see how is increasing it apart of the NNB? I just got the NNB at 35, yesterday.
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

NNB is the most direct metric, but you can also compare your crime exp to another players by doing a blackmail OC with them and whoever's name appears first in the outcome has the higher crime exp. It's not super useful for seeing how far through a NNB you are, but it's all I can think of.