Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Inflation

Started by Twisted_Metal [669724] on in General Discussion.

46 replies · 592 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 47 / 47 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

four [254727]

The demand spiked significantly with the increasing number of factions with the +50% can effectiveness perk. As more and more factions obtain this perk, the prices will align closer to FHCs in terms of energy per dollar at the +50% rate. 

 

FHC: $93,333 per energy

30E can at 50% = 45E:  $93,333 per energy (4.2m / 45E)

 

These cans really can't go much higher without FHCs also increasing. The smaller cans still have some room to grow and it would be a good time to buy them. 
PainfulPoetry [327135]

I wouldnt oppose for cans to be sold as travel items and be priced like xanax (closer places being more expensive). The ecans would still be around 1.5m-3m. Honestly this would be a good addition since people flying to buy ecans would be nice mug targets. The thing is this makes it more available for top earning players
Twisted_Metal [669724]

Yes each can will have a knock on effect to the other cans and once met with the price of fhc, fhc will start to rise aswell. im just calling how i see it. I think having to earn billions a month for cans is kinda crazy seeing as all none risky ways of earning money would come anywhere close to this
four [254727]

Cans will be worth it until about 1.3b in a stat when stat enhancers become more cost effective using the current prices
Twisted_Metal [669724]

yh thats fine, as SE have a stable supply with Nikeh Sport where you can buy them @450m so will never really go to much over that. Only people who buy over is people without access to that. Theres nothing like that for cans though apart from the very occasional event
themainman [1629262]

"oh nose cans are too expensive now since all the multis are gone" 

this was expected to happen ever since the multi hunter was released 
Nightmare [1637448]

This sounds like you want to a no risk way to make billions...which would defeat the purpose of the casino. 

In essence YOU would like a way to make yourself billions risk free while everyone else can keep their regular income. If as you suggest others could make billions risk free, inflation would be relatively the same causing it all to be a moot point. 

If you introduced another way to bring cans into the economy it would drive can prices down. This would really onlyh hurt those depending on that income - the newest players...being anti new player would be counter productive.
mug [553318] Committee Committee

they keep banning the god damn can multies.  

****ing staff, they stop doing that cans will be 2m again.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

Poker and RR only move money from one player to another. So either there's alot, and I mean ALOT, of marks pouring billions into the sharks pockets, or it's not as huge an issue as we believe.

Realistically, that money is getting sucked out of plenty of other avenues and still just passing from one hand to another.

The only way gambling prints money is in bookie bets or PvC games, and that is a near lock for an overall money sink.

My feeling is there's just more money out there in total than when I first started. And none of this speaks to supply governing costs. I just can't agree it's about gambling income.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

Multi-hunter has probably lowered the supply.  And Torn Lite is gone, so the goodie bags that came from it are gone, against lowering supply (though I doubt it's a huge amount.)

Over time, higher can prices may convince more people to run and work in sweet shops and grocery stores.

But I'm going to disagree with the idea that you have to use cans to be successful.  I've never used cans on a regular basis, and when I have used them, it's mostly been to do extra attacks in war, not for training.  I'm a lot younger than you, but I'm sure I have higher stats.  (HOF for battle stats, # 1095, if you want to compare.)

I'm not sure that having cans as items that can be carried from overseas is a good idea.  Maybe it is, but I wouldn't jump in.  If people are running cans, they aren't running flowers and plushies, so that's a big effect on the economy.  And if they can bring cans in from overseas, that has a pretty direct effect on people working in sweet shop and grocery stores.




Twisted_Metal [669724]

I'm actually not asking to be given billions in was saying maybe introduce aboutan supply route for cans . As others have said multi accounts have been storeds and therefore reduced the supply of cans. What we are seeing with cans are not the usually seasonal rise and fall is at a soa time high and I don't believe it's gonna do here . As for new player, reducing the price of cans from increase in supply won't harm them at all, new players have abundant amount of income revenue that are easy if you ask me new players have it to easy within the first day you could earn millions .
Twisted_Metal [669724]

No doubt you have higher stats than me as I've only really started playing properly in the last 3/4 months. If we started at the same time and spent the same time playing yet I used cans and you don't over the years there would be a very obvious gap
Caedes [2100412]

I think I understand what you are trying to say by only being able to get Uber rich by gambling, in a crime game. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what Crimes 2.0 holds for us in that regard.

In relation to increasing the supply for cans, I don’t think that’s a good idea. If you can buy them overseas, it means you’re not buying plushies and flowers, which means there are less points coming into the economy. I’m pretty dopey so I’m not bothered to figure out the economic effect of this, but I’m pretty sure we’d have several threads like this about points instead. Plus, adding another way to get cans would just detract from Sweetshop and Grocery Stores usefulness. 

I think overall the casino is a money sink, not a money printer - in the long term the city will lose money from it, not gain. In the long term the city will also get more noobs, ie more sweetshop workers, meaning more cans. I’m not thinking of many other factors, but I’m sure we will see more cans in the future, not less. I understand more and more people will be using cans, but as you said they need to be Uber rich in order to use cans - I think the number of noobs providing us with cans will outweigh the number of people who can afford to use them.
-John- [1691350]

2 reasons for the huge increase in price 

1) faction specials change to the 50% boost 

2) now that chains are longer not just 100 hit chains but 10ks 25ks us faction leaders are spending hundreds of millions to billions on cans for our chains i spent 500m to 600m alone on cans for our upcoming 10k chain

Buy fhg stock block and use the fhcs as you get them from the block i suggest or join/buy a sweet shop lol