Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Name changing

Started by Ticked [2104338] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 181 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
Ticked [2104338]

How long does an account have to be inactive for you to be able to claim that name? The name I want is in fed jail and marked for deletion, and inactive for over 240 days but is still unavailable :/
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

I think there was something about level affecting the name taken? I don't have a source for you and I'm curious of this answer also :o
Grif [882958]

As level increases the time does aswell

I think k it goes up to 1400 days but I also don't have a 100% source just bits aurel has stated in bug reports
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Seems weird would you not consider it a bug if you're not able to take a name immediately if the account is in Fed?
Grif [882958]

I mean they could probably write in a condition but that would also just free up more trolly names on fedded accounts

I can see benefits and costs to that as a choice
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

True enough, but plenty of trolly names are available to people as it is and that's not in the rules right afaik? 
Nightmare [1637448]

I thought it was you can't take a name from an account over level 15 now. And since fedded accounts are able to appeal it they may keep it. But those 2 links say under 15 and inactive 365days.

Edit just found this from 4 months ago 

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=65&t=16031337&b=0&a=0

From 1 year ago

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=65&t=15992192&b=0&a=0

Mentions: Name changing · Names of inactive players

lilmonix3 [1980558]

as far as i remember, there was this once a update that ched said that "Any account under lvl 15/ 10 and inactive or marked for deletion are their names can be claimed." i'm not so sure about it, but i get the hunch that you can only take names that are lvl 1-5 and are inactive.