How long does an account have to be inactive for you to be able to claim that name? The name I want is in fed jail and marked for deletion, and inactive for over 240 days but is still unavailable :/
Name changing
Started by Ticked [2104338] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 2
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 63 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 29 / 100
- Engagement score
- 51 / 100
How long does an account have to be inactive for you to be able to claim that name? The name I want is in fed jail and marked for deletion, and inactive for over 240 days but is still unavailable :/
I think there was something about level affecting the name taken? I don't have a source for you and I'm curious of this answer also :o
As level increases the time does aswell
I think k it goes up to 1400 days but I also don't have a 100% source just bits aurel has stated in bug reports
Seems weird would you not consider it a bug if you're not able to take a name immediately if the account is in Fed?
I mean they could probably write in a condition but that would also just free up more trolly names on fedded accounts
I can see benefits and costs to that as a choice
True enough, but plenty of trolly names are available to people as it is and that's not in the rules right afaik?
I thought it was you can't take a name from an account over level 15 now. And since fedded accounts are able to appeal it they may keep it. But those 2 links say under 15 and inactive 365days.
Edit just found this from 4 months ago
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=65&t=16031337&b=0&a=0
From 1 year ago
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=65&t=15992192&b=0&a=0
Mentions: Name changing · Names of inactive players
it also depends on the eprson level i believe
as far as i remember, there was this once a update that ched said that "Any account under lvl 15/ 10 and inactive or marked for deletion are their names can be claimed." i'm not so sure about it, but i get the hunch that you can only take names that are lvl 1-5 and are inactive.