What does praying do does it make you a better person
What does Praying do
Started by Comrade_TANK [2095604] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 26
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 46 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 69 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Will_Power [2102711]
· 6 likes ·
[image: i.imgur.com] - Shinemaster [2095507]
· 5 likes ·
It could just be a coincidence, but I was having the worst trouble getting the 25 wins in high low. So.. I donated a million 3 times in a row to the priest. He was thrilled the first two times …
Mentioned in this thread
Winged_Cougar [1993598] ×1 Pagey [2129946] ×1
What does praying do does it make you a better person
It doesn't.
There are many theories on what it does but none of them really have any solid proof.
There is a merit from praying every day each day at the church though.
How many days in a row do you have to pray for?
what does it mean to be a better person?
At least a week. I went with the 'pray twice a day every day' strategy and got it in less than 2 weeks, probably closer to one.
If you pray one or twice a day for a period of around 2 weeks, without missing any days, you get the 'forgiven' merit. Besides that, the general consensus is that it does the same thing as it does in real life - nothing.
There are theories that it makes you more 'lucky', but none of these claims have any proof or evidence and are entirely speculation. If it affects anything, it's unnoticeable. You may as well just consider it a waste of energy once you have the merit.
basically, praying is only for the merit. nothing else matters.
It could just be a coincidence, but I was having the worst trouble getting the 25 wins in high low. So.. I donated a million 3 times in a row to the priest. He was thrilled the first two times and the third time he said "may the blessings of god be upon you" I then spent 25 e in prayer.
I went to the casino and was able to do 30 hands of high low in a row. The lucky streak held up on some other games for about an hour before the odds returned to what appeared to be normal.
In this game, you will find much more value in preying.
Theres enough of that type in Torn already
Well, it's not every day I can make a praying/preying pun, so I had to catch the opportunity.
It makes n00bs like you waste energy is all.
Donating increases your hidden luck stat. This effects things like your city finds and effectiveness at fighting in conbat
Interesting, because I do think that there's a hidden "luck" modifier indeed which can be affected, yet is very difficult to test of course, among all the other modifiers and different stats etc.
Ched or devs would never reveal this openly though...
It’s a fact there is. Ched said so.
He did?
Could you point me to the source then please?
if you pray a few times a day it will get done in less than a week. i prayed 3-5 times a day for 6 days and got it
i too want this source
Mentions: What does Praying do