Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Delete please

Started by EvelynPhiloso [2117088] on in Suggestions.

12 replies · 149 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
-DSM- [1361048]

I don’t agree. It can be harsh to have your money mugged, especially when you start out, but it is a good indication of what this game is. 
EvelynPhiloso [2117088]

https://prnt.sc/jtvmsks



RIGHT after I posted this, this guy messages me in the hospital with a trade offer.  I just paid for these donator packs, and he was able to take over 30 millions dollars from me.  Once again, the equivalent of someone reaching through the screen and taking over 5$ of the money I just spent.  Ridiculous.  I didn't have the cash available for mug protection before posting, so I had to go with the hospital option instead.
EvelynPhiloso [2117088]

Let me reiterate that I don't have a problem with mugging.  It's part of the game, and I understand that.  My issue is with people who buy-mug for something that someone just spent real life money on.  I think protection should be provided for the sale of donator packs or the points acquired from them.


Josephine [1923258] Wiki Contributor

It sucks that it was from DPs, honestly, but your best bet is to use a mug-prevention strategy. I'd be super mad if someone buymugged my DPs too, don't get me wrong, but realistically, with the way this game works, it's unlikely that a lot of people would support this.

I recommend you take a look at this guide: https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=61&t=15995211&b=0&a=0

It has really decent tips on how to protect yourself.

You can't really always avoid buy muggers, but if you protect yourself, they'll be just another customer.

Good luck in the future.

Mentions: Keeping Your $$$ Safe!

PurpPurp [1990116]

maybe you could ask your faction mates for money for mug protection?

i had a hard time getting mp once i was starting out too, but your in a decent faction man. i bet they would help you.

you gotta be super cautious man. i wouldnt heal out for anything if your self hosping. mp is what you really need tho if you selling items close to 1bil
Abdullah [2063435]

I dont blame you but back in the day youd be just mugged + revived till u lost it all, quite literally. Maybe have 5$ worth of stuff left over.

Ched has made all of you safe for hours after a single mug, 99% of which is just abused by traders.

Guess what, muggings always gonna be not-so-nice. We really dont need more of this, mugging has been destroyed already, sorry but this is a crome game :|

R-
Hopslam [795412]

only thing I could see as an change here... would be to maybe change the current market value per DP listed under the trade your dp tab on the donator page to the pawn shop value and/or direct new players to the pawn shop via link directly from the donator page

Example

25 DPs at 26.6m = 665,000,000 (current market value)

25 DPs at 25.45m = 636,250,000 (pawn shop)

Dif of 28,750,000

mug loss would likely be greater than that 28.75m

obvious, the experienced players know the ways to overcome the obstacles

new players may not even know the pawn shop is a thing
zbaddog [2106376]

I went through almost the exact same thing.  1st of all not all DPs are purchased with cash so you cannot protect them any differently. I did my trade and then hospitalized myself, not realizing there is a setting for revives that keeps me from being revived.  So I got revived then mugged.  I got mad, ranted and raved, stomped my feet and then rattled off a bunch of stuff that made me look like the noob I was.

But when I settled down I started getting informed and read up on a lot of things I should have known before doing trades involving large amounts.  There will always be players that will defend their choices to buy/mug and that is absolutely their right because it is part of the game. Therefore you need to find ways around potential muggers.  1. Reputable traders- go to the trade forum and find ones that you think will deal honestly (ie do they have a lot of favorable comments from people outside their Faction, how many friends, how many enemies) keep trading with the ones you like. 2. Trade channel- not always reliable, check out who you are dealing with, if they have a ton of enemies that might be a warning sign. 3. Pawn Shop- is great when you need quick cash and you have DPs or points to sell.  You won't make as much but it wont mug you. 4. Don't post anywhere, anytime about having lots of money or lots of expensive things to sell.  You might as well put a mug me sign on your back.

Last thing: If you make a very large sale, put it in a safe place as quickly as you can. When you need it, withdraw it and use it as quickly as you can.  What is almost as bad as a buy/mug is when you get randomly mugged with a lot of money in your wallet.