Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Need advice. Apparently, this isn't broken?

Started by ChaseManhattan [1874355] on in Company Discussion.

51 replies · 718 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 52 / 52 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
52
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Company 73535 ×1 Company 73549 ×1 RenegadeRuss [1295794] ×1

evil_inside1332 [1899761]

judging from ched's response, my guess is that half percentages are rounded in rank distribution, and the way to deal with it is to have the worst performing company at 0* although it's making income

theoretically, there is more than 100% of all active mines making income

no offense or anything, but you just suck, that's all
ChaseManhattan [1874355]

Seriously though, I am doing way better by any metric you look at, versus my company in the beginning, yet my newborn company ranked up without any upgrades and a half-staff of noobs.
RenegadeRuss [1295794]

I thought as long as the company is making money it will always be at 1 star..

I guess the only advice I can give is to get the efficiency/environment up..cleaner or bigger staff room (sorry didn't check your line up)..10 employees should be easy to keep environment 100 with a decent staff room.. efficiency I guess crack the whip with your employees..they need to be at 5 star all the time ideally..hope you get there
Tarelli [1060371]

I've been looking at this on and off for a few weeks.



Not going to lie got me slightly stumped. He did have a lot of inactive and has replaced them his income has gone up but still didn t get a star on Sunday.



May still be recovering from the damage they caused.
ChaseManhattan [1874355]

Tarelli, I almost feel like it may have put me into negative company experience. At this point, it's been two weeks since I've improved, and like I said before, it took much less time to rank up from day one, zero experience. An interesting case study if nothing else.
king_jamason [1732919]

What I do is compare my company to other companies with the same number of employees that is doing better.  And see what type of staff positions they have.  A copy what they are doing.

Monkey see monkey do.

Check your  pricing and all that stuff.  Make sure it's right.  I keep my employee number upgrades the same as my employee break room upgrades

I also use tornstats.com

There under companies/copmapy details you can see all types of info on your company.  And how well each employee fits in the position.

Hope this helps.

Tornstats updates after each  business day.
The_Healer [1787515]

"RenegadeRuss [1295794] I thought as long as the company is making money it will always be at 1 star.."

That what I thought aswell. All the other companies has been following this pattern.

It just does not make sense.

There is no negative company experience. The lowest it can go to is 0.

ChaseManhattan, your's is the first company I seen that struggling to get to 1* even by making good income.

Mentions: RenegadeRuss [1295794]

ChaseManhattan [1874355]

I want to agree with you. There shouldn't be negative experience, but it's the only explanation. Or it's busted and Ched's wrong. Technically he's not wrong, he just never bothered to look at it.

Also, it never struggled to get to 1*. It got there easily. 2* too. It got to 3* with effort, and lost it probably due to company status. Then it was like a variable got skewed and it dropped ranks back-to-back to hit 0*, almost like it had to because it's only allowed to move one rank per week. (Is this a thing? Can anyone confirm that for me?) Now, it still has this skewed variable that makes it seemingly impossible to rank back up. Just a working theory.
McDallas [14757]

Dude I'm with you. My company has been increasing in revenue yet we still haven't gained a star in 2 weeks. The company doing worse than us did.

Seems ****ing off to me.