Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Crit

Started by HcRulezzz [2148611] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 313 views · thread synced · 17 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
19
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Josephine [1923258] Wiki Contributor

Not sure what the base % is but there's things that are known to increase it. (With that said, I have heard the base rate is 5% but I can't find a source to confirm this)

You can see the rate you average on your personal stats though

Critical hits: 6,142 (19.9%)

In your case, it's: 

Critical hits: 19 (18.3%)

For the record, things that increase critical hit rate:

Education 
BIO2410: Anatomy

Learning outcomes:
  • Gain a 5% chance increase of achieving a critical hit
And merits can add up to +10%

[image: cdn.discordapp.com]

In addition to that, weapon mods can increase it as well.

[image: cdn.discordapp.com]



HcRulezzz [2148611]

Thanks ,

It is a logical thing to assume that there is a correlation between Speed and the crit chance... Any figures on that ? 
shaz1 [270923]

Speed affects hit rate.

Crit can only happen when you hit someone. You can't crit someone when you miss.

So technically it has some correlation in a way that higher speed, increases your chance to hit (therefore also number of crits).

 
HcRulezzz [2148611]

Yes, 

How execly an increase in Speed would affect the crit chance? Simply put, will high value of speed grand me a better crit chance? And to what point it makes sense to increase the speed over the other stats. I ask because I don't know if I should build a flat, steady damage with Strength, or pump up the Speed which gives me better hit chance and presumably better crits! 
Wiber [2065939]

Keeping balanced is the best bet for your age. If you build up a stat to make you strong then the corollary is that you leave the rest behind which will make you weak. Having unbalanced stats will also make it more difficult to trigger rank rises related to stats. When you are much older and have read all of tutorials and guides you will be in a better position to decide.
HcRulezzz [2148611]

The average crit rate from the statistics is useless:( The distribution of the crit scores inside the given probability is random. I get a crit hit as a first blow in a fight with a weakened opponent and I will score a 100%rate for that fight. Longer fights would be closer to represent the truth crit rate, but it is still not the value I'm looking for....

Also I wonder if enemie's Dex affect my crits...? 
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Their dex doesnt affect the crit rate but does affect the hit rate

 

Crits aren't guaranteed to hit like some people think.

 

In an attack you have crit chance determined after hit chance.

 

Dexterity affects hit chance, so if you miss then you never get the opportunity to crit. 



So dex affects it indirectly but not directly. 
HcRulezzz [2148611]

Thank you for everyone who answered me. 

I have one more question.

What is the value of a credit hit compared to the normal one?  Ussualy it's given in % . 200% for example.. 

I just want to know if it's even worth to go for it:)
Jefayette [2044515]

So many people have posted after this post, asking if your speed or opp's dex affects crit. 

RIGHT HERE FOLKS

EYES
USE EM

jef

p.s. the post is good. good post. i like it. it's a good post